Trunk Club, a Nordstrom Company, is a Chicago-based personalized styling service for men and women, offering both virtual and in-person shopping options. Shoppers can visit Trunk Club’s retail Clubhouses in Boston, Charleston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York City, Washington D.C., for an in-person styling session or custom fitting for any occasion. For those who prefer an at-home experience, Trunk Club offers a virtual styling option, where a personal stylist sends a curated trunk of clothing to their home based on the customer’s style, fit, and lifestyle preferences.
Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
What Will I be Doing?
- Define a 1-3 year product vision that supports Trunk Club’s strategic objectives with the ability to continuously adapt based on the changing business and industry landscape, with a constant focus on delivering customer and business value
- Build and maintain a 12 month roadmap that communicates the focus and direction of the product, while developing a strong backlog of products/features that will help achieve the product vision by delighting the customer and providing strong business value
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of customer needs and develop a customer feedback pipeline in order to develop a strong backlog of products and features that will delight the customer and strengthen the Trunk Club value proposition
- Lead a cross functional product team through the entire product development lifecycle (from discovery to delivery) in order to ensure that quality products and features are delivered to market as quickly as possible. Build an environment conducive to forming a high performing team.
- Motivate the team by ensuring all team members understand the product vision, roadmap prioritization, and the value and objectives of all features being worked on, and effectively communicate how the product vision and roadmap links to Trunk Club’s strategic direction
- Implement best product discovery practices to define and prioritize the product backlog utilizing customer and industry research to drive data-informed decision making
- Work directly with internal and external customers to cultivate a deep understanding of their needs and pain points in order to advocate for solutions that solve problems and delight those customers
- Develop the product’s objectives and key results (OKRs) and maintain a product scorecard showing progress to those results. Perform and report on pre/post launch analysis of each product initiative focused on financial results
- Work with cross functional stakeholders and disciplines including to understand the business landscape in order to identify and interpret problems and opportunities to solve to improve the customer experience and drive business performance
- Build strong opportunity assessments to inform prioritization and ensure the most valuable and usable products/features are built. Apply and conduct user testing techniques to determine customer value and impact
- Demonstrate a keen awareness of the competitive landscape and have a deep understanding of top competitors’ strengths and opportunities
- Conduct analysis using available onsite tools and resources to evaluate product alternatives and make compelling recommendations and prioritization trade-off decisions, while also reporting on performance of product/feature launches.
- Drive all aspects of the product development lifecycle (from discovery to delivery) and work with a cross-functional team through the lifecycle to ensure that quality products and features are delivered to market as quickly as possible.
- Work directly with cross functional teams of business, engineering, product design, and data science using Agile Scrum methodology in order to deliver on identified opportunities and help drive the product/feature through the PDLC from inception to discovery to delivery
- Write and define business requirements and user stories to ensure a valuable and usable product is built. Partner with Product Design and Engineering to ensure the solution meets the product requirements and delivers against the product objectives
- Communicate and collaborate with Product Managers on other products to ensure alignment around product and deliver objectives.
What Skills and Experience do I Need?
- Excellent collaboration skills in order to effectively work with engineers and designers to create great product experiences for both customers and employees
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills that can be used to effectively measure the health of a product, conduct opportunity assessments to help prioritization, and measure the success of product/feature launches. Familiarity with tools such as Tableau, SQL, Excel, and Google Analytics
- Ability to interact directly with customers to support conducting customer interviews and research in order to understand their needs and identify opportunities to improve the product offering
- Strong communication skills in order to help effectively convey the product vision and the value/objectives of all features being worked on, while also sharing the story of your team’s plans, work-in-progress, and results with other product teams and stakeholders. Communication formats may include emails, presentation decks, face-to-face meetings, and dashboards.
- Self-starter with the ability to act autonomously
- Effective trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills, along with the ability to work within a rapidly evolving solutions-oriented environment
- Proven success in gaining cooperation in situations without any direct authority. Ability to win the confidence of multiple stakeholders from differing departments and backgrounds and can manage their expectations uniquely with their personality front of mind
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt, while also being comfortable with ambiguity, unsolved problems, and uncertainty
- Success in working on and balancing multiple, concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment quickly adapting to changing customer and business needs
- Experience leading teams through the Agile Scrum methodology participating in agile rituals such as daily standups, grooming, planning and retrospectives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Product Management certification; MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of digital product management experience working with consumer facing online commerce products
- 3+ years of direct experience working in Dual Track Scrum leading teams using the Agile Scrum methodology