STATS is looking for a proven Product Owner to join our team. The position will be based in our Chicago headquarters. In this role, you will be the ultimate product expert, tasked with defining and delivering market-leading products. You will be responsible for determining the specific features that make up the product, prioritizing them, and delivering them. As a Product Owner, you will integrate within the agile development team and own the product backlog to ensure the product delivered meets the market need. You will have a wide impact across the organization, working with our Engineering, Sales, Production, and Marketing teams. You will also work closely with Product Managers, who are focused on the market opportunity to establish the product vision and portfolio.
This role will focus specifically on STATS' latest products powered by artificial intelligence, so experience with data science-driven products is preferred.
What You'll Do:
- Integrate in the agile development team to drive successful product creation and serve as the voice of the customer
- Create user stories and features that effectively present the customer problem to developers
- Own the product backlog, balancing conflicting priorities to determine prioritization
- Establish and monitor metrics that indicate product success, then take action to improve these metrics
- Collaborate with Product Managers to formulate our product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Execute on the above for new products, product migrations, and product sunsets
- Internalize and deeply understand the complex technical problems facing internal and external stakeholders, as well as our partners
- Solicit and integrate critical feedback such as product direction, customer usage, customer behavior, and other business-related metrics
- Interact with customers on features, betas, roadmaps and feedback
- Ensure smooth installation and adoption through documentation and collaboration with services and support teams
What You'll Need:
- Proven success in product ownership or management roles
- Extensive experience defining and prioritizing product features
- Proven ability to negotiate a backlog (e.g. Pivotal Tracker or JIRA) with engineers and senior leadership
- Experience working in an Agile environment and Lean methodology
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to teach others
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills working with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities and make critical decisions
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Experience working with data science-driven products is preferred
Who We Are:
Our values at STATS mimic those of foundationally great teams and franchises. Our objective is to win through effort, creativity, team-work and positive energy. Specifically, we look for candidates that embody the following: Be All-In, Put the Fan at the Center, Get Stuff Done, It's Your Team, Make an Impact, and Fearless Integrity. We want candidates that crave responsibility, accountability and want to have fun working in a collaborative, Get Stuff Done enviornment
- Put Fan at the Center: You enjoy working with customers and have the strong communication skills to make those interactions a success.
- It's Your Team: You embrace others' ideas (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and customer. You are a collaborator, and relationship builder.
- Get Stuff Done: You are a driven and your can-do attitude inspires others to elevate their performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Make an Impact: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you're excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Be All-In: You must be passionate about what you do and about our customers' success.
- Fearless Integrity: You are self-motivated and capable of holding both yourself and other accountable to deliver on multiple tasks.
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.