STATS is looking for a proven Product Owner to join our team. The position will be based in our Chicago headquarters. In this role, you will be the ultimate product expert, tasked with defining and delivering market-leading products. You will be responsible for determining the specific features that make up the product, prioritizing them, and delivering them. As a Product Owner, you will integrate within the agile development team and own the product backlog to ensure the product delivered meets the market need. You will have a wide impact across the organization, working with our Engineering, Sales, Production, and Marketing teams. You will also work closely with Product Managers, who are focused on the market opportunity to establish the product vision and portfolio.
This role will focus specifically on STATS' latest products powered by artificial intelligence, so experience with data science-driven products is preferred.
What You'll Do:
- Integrate in the agile development team to drive successful product creation and serve as the voice of the customer
- Create user stories and features that effectively present the customer problem to developers
- Own the product backlog, balancing conflicting priorities to determine prioritization
- Establish and monitor metrics that indicate product success, then take action to improve these metrics
- Collaborate with Product Managers to formulate our product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Execute on the above for new products, product migrations, and product sunsets
- Internalize and deeply understand the complex technical problems facing internal and external stakeholders, as well as our partners
- Solicit and integrate critical feedback such as product direction, customer usage, customer behavior, and other business-related metrics
- Interact with customers on features, betas, roadmaps and feedback
- Ensure smooth installation and adoption through documentation and collaboration with services and support teams
What You'll Need:
- Proven success in product ownership or management roles
- Extensive experience defining and prioritizing product features
- Proven ability to negotiate a backlog (e.g. Pivotal Tracker or JIRA) with engineers and senior leadership
- Experience working in an Agile environment and Lean methodology
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to teach others
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills working with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities and make critical decisions
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Experience working with data science-driven products is preferred
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.