SPINS is seeking a world class Product Owner to join our Product team.
Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
As a Product Owner responsible for setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work generated by a software development team to ensure impeccable features and functionality of the product.
You are passionate about creating products that make a difference for users and businesses alike. You have strong product instincts, excellent communication skills, are technically fluent and have a good understanding of common product design patterns. You enjoy working collaboratively with designers and engineers on small co-located teams. You’re passionate about your craft and enjoy helping others develop as Product Owners. You are comfortable with ambiguity and moving forward with imperfect information. You excel at leading without authority, effectively aligning team members as well as client stakeholders and executives around a shared set of objectives to progress the goal of shipping the right product to the client’s customers. You judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of SPINS’ clients. Work/life balance is important to you: isn’t just something that we want you to have, but something we need you to teach to all the teams.
What you bring.
Required Skills/ Experience
- Experience with the following: lean startup methodologies, agile development methodologies
- Experience shipping successful products, including defining vision, strategy, outcome-driven product roadmaps and creating and managing backlogs
- Experience articulating and testing product hypotheses
- Demonstrated ability to define and track KPIs and other measurable success criteria
- Deep user empathy and strong user experience sensibilities
- Experience closely collaborating with engineers and designers as part of small co-located teams
- Demonstrated ability to get things done in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to break down complex problems into actionable steps
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to adapt your communication style for the audience
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision making in different contexts
- Interest in coaching others
- Ability to facilitate collaborative decision-making in a workshop context
- Ability to quickly understand a domain and identify the trends and opportunities in that space
Desired Skills/ Experience
- Experience with both lean startup methodologies and agile development methodologies
- Experience leading projects
- Experience shipping both new products as well as improving upon existing ones
- Experience leading or supporting user research
- Experience mentoring other Product Owners (nice to have)
- Experience working with or inside enterprise scale organizations (nice to have)
- Experience as a designer or engineer (nice to have)
The SPINS Way
- Vibrant – Passionate about driving health and wellness
- Disruptor – We aren’t afraid to do things differently
- Connected – Work as a team with others; build strong relationships with colleagues
- Be Yourself – We are open & honest with each other; we take responsibility for our actions
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k (Traditional and Roth) plus company match
- FSA for medical and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Bike storage
- Fresh and healthy snacks
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, company happy hours, product demos, outings, and more.