Product Support Associate at NowPow
NowPow, whose name is a play on knowledge is power, is a women-owned and led technology business based on Chicago’s south side. NowPow’s technology platform is a multi-sided, community resource network management solution that enables care professionals – social workers, physicians, justice workers – to manage and close the loop on health and social service referrals. The platform helps people get the care they need, whether they are managing chronic health and social conditions or just staying well.
Built on the scientific research of Dr. Stacy Lindau’s CommunityRx project, a $5.8 million Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) innovation award, NowPow pioneers the idea of “e-prescribing” community resources at the point of care. NowPow generates these personalized e-prescriptions by applying a rigorous matching methodology to our enormous inventory of community services and an individual’s personal health and social conditions – such as ability to pay, ability to travel, and so on.
Integrating with all major hospital and doctor electronic health record systems, NowPow produces community resource e-prescriptions that extend, complement and complete care plans given to the patient by providers, allowing for patient care to continue outside of the hospital.
Position Title: Product Support Associate
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Production Support Manager
Collaborates with: Implementation Team, Product Development Team, Customer Success Team, Engineering Team, Current Users & Customers, Service Information Team
Position Description: NowPow is seeking a Product Support Associate to join the Implementation team. The Product Support Associate will be responsible for ensuring our users have an excellent support experience while using our technology. Activities include assisting in new customer onboarding, managing incoming user support tickets and requests, troubleshooting existing user concerns, and communicating resolutions to all parties. The ideal candidate will have a background in software support and/or customer service. They will be responsible for troubleshooting questions and issues as they arise from our users, delegating tasks to the appropriate NowPow staff, and communicating updates and resolution with customers. The associate must have outstanding communication skills, enjoy problem-solving, and excel at maintaining composure and professionalism at all times.
Primary responsibilities include: Interfacing with customers, resolving customer issues, managing incoming tickets process, communicating priority items to product team, and troubleshooting user issues.
- Manage incoming ticket and support process
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues
- Communicate resolutions with concise and clear language
- Provide answers to clients by guiding them through corrective steps
- Research issues by collaborating with other internal resources when a solution is not readily available
- Leverage technical skills and the ability to learn new applications quickly
- Employ strong attention to detail with focus on quality of work
- Establish ability to traverse technology, marketing, operations, and communications departments with ease
- Improve system performance by recognizing patterns, identifying problems and recommending changes
- Translate technical information and data into customer-friendly language, and vice-versa
- Accomplish organization’s mission by creating an industry-leading product support experience for clients
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule for premium support customers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of customer service and or technology experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- An ability to quickly gain in-depth understanding of products and services that our customers are utilizing
- Research experience or an understanding of research, especially in health services
- Comfortable working in teams and interacting with senior-level positions
- A desire to help and to interface with customers
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and strong track record of setting and meeting delivery commitments
- Can-do attitude and willingness to work on a dynamic mix of tasks, no matter how big or small
- Commitment to social impact initiatives and helping underserved communities