Product Support Specialist I
Vail Systems is seeking a Product Support Specialist I familiar with solving complex technical issues for enterprise customers. As a Product Support Specialist, I, you will be expected to serve as the primary point of contact for numerous customers of Vail’s Routing and Call Control (RACC) platform. You would assist customers based on their specific needs by troubleshooting and solving issues they have in the RACC self-service portal, both independently and with Vail’s internal product teams. You’ll be expected to collaborate in a team-oriented environment with highly technical engineering staff to address all correspondence with customers to ensure complete satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will have a strong customer service and technical background to understand how to manage the various unanticipated needs of each unique customer. The candidate will have some general knowledge of telecommunications, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), and Call Detail Record (CDR). Additionally, the candidate will be eager to learn, adaptable, and detail oriented.
What you’ll do:
- Consistently contact all customers assigned as primary contact to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Check monitoring pages throughout the day to identify any potential or current errors that need to be resolved
- Document all errors and how errors were resolved in internal Confluence wiki pages
- Troubleshoot and solve errors by working with internal teams and/or researching external sources to find the most efficient solution in a timely manner using SIP and CDR
- Take calls and emails from customers on an as needed basis, including after hours if emergency issues arise
- Attend team meetings to plan and prioritize each week’s tasks and present status updates on customers’ integration into the RACC system by noting what problems occurred and what actions were taken to resolve them
- Facilitate weekly meetings with customers still in the provisioning stage of the RACC onboarding process to review status and next steps needed to complete integration into the self-service platform
- Coordinate with internal teams consisting of software developers, business analysts, operations engineers, and project managers to effectively maintain and grow our customer base.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Telecommunications, Computer Science, or a related field
- 1+ year of experience in a technical product support, customer-facing, or technology role
- Experience working in a highly technical environment with highly technical teams (e.g. software developers, operations engineers, technical project managers, etc.)
- Ability to learn complex proprietary products quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Teams)
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing role
- Experience with internal ticketing and documentation platforms such as Jira and Confluence
- Robust knowledge of telecommunications vernacular and processes
The human voice is capable of conveying nuances and meaning that just can’t be expressed through clicks and text messages. And for that reason, voice interactions have always had a special power to shape your perception and experiences. At Vail, we believe in the unique power of voice interactions to create more expressive, more intimate, and more efficient interpersonal interactions. Our experts work with Fortune 500 companies to help them serve their customers more efficiently and effectively through the use of various voice technologies. From basic network services, to state-of-the-art IP telephony, to cutting edge real-time analytics, Vail technology makes millions of voice interactions better every day.
At Vail Systems we strive to cultivate a supportive culture of continuous learning where employees are encouraged to achieve both personal and team goals by providing innovative telephony solutions that enhance customer contact center experiences. We entrust our employees to work autonomously and also encourage contribution to the decision-making process in a highly collaborative environment where open communication is fostered amongst teams. Product development is centered around the end user to ensure Vail’s products are efficient, productive and add value for our clients.