The Marketing Store has a long, exciting history as a highly innovative, inspirationally creative, global marketing agency. Our Retail Marketing Group is focused on turning out the most effective, brand building, behavior changing, print and digital marketing materials imaginable for one of the most iconic brands in the world. Our model is led by data, fueled by cultural insight and focused on retail communications and activations that drive the business. Our solutions are built around the ways real humans actually behave. And we behave like real humans too. We are collaborative, supportive of one another, respectful of everyone, and generally fun to be around.
The Marketing Store is looking for a Retail Strategist to partner with account, creative, and interagency colleagues to plan effective, targeted programs, ensure the delivery of strategy across our client’s work. You will contribute to the development of strategic planning to our key retail marketing clients. You get business, you are creative and full of ideas and you are clear in articulating them for mutual benefit to both agency and clients.
- Support planning activity with an emphasis on promotion, retail, shopper, licensing, and digital channelsto create relevant breakthrough customer insights and identify brand opportunities.
- Identify the key promotion retail insights from existing client data, trends, blogs and determine relevant consumer, brand or marketing program implications
- Conduct research, both primary and secondary, to deliver true consumer insight; conduct stakeholder, consumer and prospect interviews
- Stay abreast of the new tools and methodologies for developing consumer and brand insights
- Assist and moderate brainstorms that are collaborative, inspiring and maximize team contributions
- Support the development of consumer and brand insight in the company new business process
- Collaborate and grow the role of Insight & Strategy through the development of effective working relationships with key clients and internal/agency teams.
- Be curious, interesting and inspiring
- Monitor developments within the client’s industry and feed this knowledge to the rest of the team
- Support thought leadership initiatives and develop trend perspectives based on key consumer and digital trends
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in thinking/writing-intensive discipline such as Marketing, Political Science, Anthropology/Sociology, Journalism, Psychology, etc. Advanced degree a plus.
- 3-5 years’ experience in identifying breakthrough customer insights in a marketing/advertising agency account planning group or brand consulting firm.
- Demonstrated ability in account planning and/or Retail Strategy.
- An understanding and passion for retail marketing and/or experience with retail brands and marketing teams.
- Highly collaborative with ability to build partnerships across different teams and people.
- Innate curiosity and demonstrated ability to connect insights and gain inspiration from disparate sources
- Exceptional thinking and influence skills are required.
- Confident and clear communicator, with the demonstrated ability to be inspirational and compelling
- Solid understanding of how the analytics function and its output affects planning & strategy insights
- Knowing a good idea when you see it and how you can nurture it.
- Experience contributing to brand positioning and applying customer insight to the development of marketing campaigns
- Hands on Qualitative research expertise
- Proven success working in cross functional teams
- Comfort working in highly flexible, ever changing entrepreneurial environments
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies.