Senior Data Product Manager
Have you seen how data can be used to significantly transform how decisions are made within organizations? At Civis Analytics, we believe that organizations need to build a “system” around data-based decision making in order to be competitive in the marketplace. And those that do will truly differentiate themselves. These systems incorporate people, data, technology, and science. Over the last four years, Civis Analytics has become the premier partner for organizations seeking to build those systems. We blend world-class data science talent with proprietary data and cutting-edge software to help companies solve their largest problems.
Civis Analytics helps businesses use data to gain a competitive advantage in how they identify, attract, and engage loyal customers and employees. With a powerful combination of best-in-class proprietary data, cutting-edge software solutions, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis works with Fortune 500 companies and the country’s largest nonprofits to make data-driven decision-making essential to how the world’s best companies do business.
Civis Analytics is building cloud-based products that help organizations make data science central to everything they do. Our senior product managers work with teams across Civis to develop and launch new data science products and enhance our existing products -- all geared toward transforming how our clients make decisions with data. To benefit most from Civis software products, our clients need to have key data assets to answer their challenges. As a product manager focused on data, you will be responsible for the data-centric portions of our product line through data partnerships, data acquisition, and packaging our data offering to maximize its value to the users of our media, market research, and platform products.
We’re looking for a dynamic and experienced product manager to help us move our data and data-centric products forward faster. You’ll be a great fit for product management at Civis if:
- You have an image of what 5 years from now looks like, but you can also work tactically to create progress every month
- You sweat the small stuff but never forget the big picture
- You can prioritize competing projects and opportunities and backup your recommendations with data.
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in computer science, business, design, or similar fields
- 3+ years product management experience, preferably with a data or data-driven product
- Experience with online and offline data collection, data onboarding and data management platforms
- Experience performing user research, market/competitive research and soliciting customer feedback
- Experience working with engineers
- Able to work in a dynamic, scrappy, and rapidly iterative environment
- Strong relationship-building, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Team player with a positive, collaborative attitude
- Direct experience with large consumer data sets
- Experience with data or analytics technologies
- Hands on technical experience in a data-driven field
- Familiarity with modern data engineering technology
- Familiarity with data security and privacy by design principles
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with UI/UX design