Senior Director of Product at Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi is disrupting luxury fashion retailing by giving shoppers direct access to designers and their collections, as soon as they hit the runways. With $300M raised from top venture capitalists and a strong traction worldwide, Moda is uniquely positioned to serve high-end fashion customers for all their wardrobe needs, through a unique combination of digital e-commerce channels, private showrooms and personal stylists.
We're looking for a customer-centric Senior Director of Product to play a critical role on the product team based in our NY office, and reporting to the CPO. You'll be instrumental in shaping the vision, defining the roadmap and driving the execution of new product features that will help strengthen the relationships between the most engaged Moda customers and our dedicated in-house stylists, and reinforce our stylist program as a major revenue-driving channel. You will also oversee and mentor other product managers involved with the mission-critical tools and systems serving our internal customers and e-commerce back-office.
As Senior Director of Product, you will:
- Refine the Stylist product strategy, define and execute against a clear product roadmap to increase critical metrics for success.
- Make product decisions that are rooted in data
- Partner effectively with the business leaders for the Stylist program and ecommerce channels.
- Move with agility to define, design and release iteratively great products that delight our customers, leveraging AB testing and continuous customer feedback collection
- Work closely with engineering, building viable products that can scale
- Consider product marketing and messaging
- Structure, manage, recruit and inspire other product managers as appropriate
You are an experienced product leader, with a proven track record of fostering a shared vision by building consensus on product roadmap priorities that help meet our company target KPI’s. You are data- and evidence-driven, and an excellent communicator who can work well cross-functionally with engineering, UX and business functions. You always keep the customer at the center of all considerations.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as primary product expert and evangelist for the stylist program, driving this channel to meet prioritized customer and business KPI’s
- Lead an agile execution process from conception, requirements gathering, design, development, and testing through to launch and beyond
- Partner with a team of skilled engineers, designers and consumer insights to set the high-level vision and roadmap, including developing new feature ideas
- Create and maintain product roadmaps, feature backlogs and product documentation such PRDs, user stories, use cases, user flows, logic flows, and functional specifications
- Coordinate and run AB testing of new features, rapidly validating or disproving them, informed by user data, customer needs, business potential, and technical feasibility
- Prioritize development activities with engineering teams, assist in determining the best technical implementation methods, work closely with QA on acceptance testing and lead product launches
- Work closely with consumer insights resource to cultivate a deep understanding of the user - both pre-purchase and post-purchase
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative insights and testing results in order to continually inform the product development process
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis of other sites, apps, and products to continually identify ways to improve our user experience
- Participate in product performance benchmarking activities
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years of product management experience
- A strong track record of envisioning and bringing innovative digital products to market from within either (or both) a consumer-driven online company or an agency environment
- Proven emphasis on user-driven product design and data-driven product refinement.
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to quickly understand, simplify, internalize and communicate complex or technical concepts.
- Basic knowledge of SQL, strong experience with Google Analytics and/or other behavioral analytics tools.
- Experience working in scrum/agile management methodologies preferred
- Experience with user research, AB testing, and other techniques to validate and inspire ideas.
- Resourceful, ability to understand that constraints breed creativity, and you thrive in an environment that includes limited resources.
- Collaborative and a passion for digital products - not just the way they work but how they feel to the end user.
- Have a point of view and be an active listener.