Senior Manager - Product Operations at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse the Aisles
The Senior Product Operations Manager role at Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) will function as a key leader in the Product organization and will develop and sustain an agenda of operational communication excellence to
drive successful brand/partner relationships.
This role will lead the Product Operations function which involves tracking, managing, driving, and escalating production issues – bugs, outages, instabilities, maintenance etc.- and leading two-way communication between all stakeholders (brands, supply chain, customer service...) and the Product-Technology teams. This leader will help create the processes, org structures, and communication lanes that allow for an
effective new Operational practice within Product Management and Technology.
The scope of this role is across the digital properties of Ahold Delhaize USA's (ADUSA) brands – Stop & Shop, Food Lion, Giant Food, Giant/Martin's, Peapod, and Hannaford. This role is ideal for someone with a Professional Services or Account Management background, and has a passion for problem solving and relationship building.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
- Act as an ambassador to the Product team and as the primary contact for queries related to product operations or issues
- Design, implement, and iterate a communication program, to include internal and external dashboards, reporting and presentations, to keep the ADUSA Brands, Customer Care teams and other various level of stakeholders in the ADUSA organizations up-to-date on product production and operations issues
- Proactive performance monitoring of ADUSA's digital properties, develop and lead communication plan to raise awareness and provide on-going updates
- Lead the process to track, understand and communicate issue RCA to the ADUSA Brands, Customer Care teams and other stakeholders
- Act as the liaison throughout the release management process, developing and maintaining Brand, Customer Care and other stakeholder communications
- Collaborate with ADUSA teams to understand non-customer facing enhancements that impact the customer experience and establish and drive communications to the Brands, Customer Care teams and other stakeholders
- Partner with Customer Care teams to understand, escalate and communicate high customer impact issues
- Ability to drive thought leadership on potential product enhancements based on identified issue patterns
- Effectively and efficiently communicate with cross-functional teams comprised of both business roles and technical development
- Identify, analyze and prioritize opportunities to build relationships and continuing opportunities for the Brand Product Management Team
- Must develop a strong understanding of our great local Brands, customers, and technology stack
- Exercise independent judgment and be accountable for ADUSA Brand product operations communications
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- 4+ years of professional services/account management/client relationship management/technical operations management
- 3+ years of digital experience
- 3+ years working in an Agile development environment and managing iteration-level deliverables.
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Master's Degree preferred
- IT professional services experience preferred
- Direct experience in a digital environment in a relevant capacity
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Experience with agile development
- Data driven mindset and track record
- eCommerce Retail preferred
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.