Senior Product Manager - Plans at Collective Health
We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
Driven by our mission to make it easier to understand, navigate, and pay for healthcare, Collective Health is evolving the way health benefits work. A major component of our mission to improve health benefits involves the ability to administer flexible, customized plan designs that meet the needs of employee populations. We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to lead the Plans product development team in expanding our capabilities in offering innovative and impactful healthcare plan designs to employers nationwide. As the Plans Product Manager, you will be responsible for developing and improving our healthcare plan design platform to allow us to both grow our client base and administer complex plan designs efficiently.
You will be in the driver’s seat and responsible for defining the product requirements, creating clarity and alignment across all the teams that need to contribute. But you won’t be alone. You will be partnered with skilled counterparts across the organization to formulate, ideate, research, discover, and deliver the best-in-class healthcare plans administration platform that enables Collective Health to effectively grow and scale to support millions of members nationwide.
While we are embracing a remote-flexible work week, employees are expected to be within commuting distance of an office. The frequency of in-office days will be determined on a team-by-team basis closer to the reopening of our offices.What you’ll do:
- Identify and scope business needs and translate those needs into product requirements
- Own your product area and manage the entire product lifecycle from conception to implementation
- Create and maintain the product roadmap for our Plans product development team
- Prioritize feature requests, enhancements, and opportunities based on company goals and objectives
- Lead build vs. buy decision-making pertaining to critical infrastructure for administering health plans
- Partner with the engineering team to scope necessary work and ensure that features are delivered to specification
- Manage the backlog of features and prioritize appropriately
- Communicate progress to stakeholders, functional owners, and internal team members
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- Track record of successfully delivering large, high-impact projects
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Experience working with stakeholders to make tradeoff decisions and prioritize requests
- simplify complex concepts with intuitive user interfaces
- Familiarity with enterprise software development
- Ability to keep track of multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in healthcare or health insurance is a plus!
Founded in 2013, Collective Health has created an ecosystem of innovative partners across care and benefits delivery, as well as built a powerful and flexible infrastructure to better enable employees and their families to understand, navigate, and pay for healthcare. By reducing the administrative lift of delivering health benefits, providing an intuitive member experience, and improving health outcomes, the company guides employees toward healthier lives and companies toward healthier bottom lines. Collective Health is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with locations in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. For more information, please visit collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected]