Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
The position of Product Manager will be within the Global Investment Companies (GIC) Product Management team. Our team is responsible for overseeing the evolution of Arc Suite platforms that service the investment market industry. The role will be responsible for contributing to the profitable, rapid, and sustainable growth of the business. The manager of the product team will work closely with product owners, engineers and product designers and be responsible for driving the core vision and the day-to-day deliverables.
- Lead and develop our product team supporting them to be successful and deliver results
- Study and deeply understand customer needs through research and interviews
- Ability to learn and understand the target market to build a working knowledge of the competitive landscape and what our differentiators are.
- Work with executive stakeholders across business and technology teams to arrive at a clear vision, communicating effectively and aligning various partners along the way.
- Prioritize conflicting opinions and goals based upon business needs and communicate effectively with stakeholders to build alignment
- Develop precise documentation of prioritized functional requirements that can directly be converted to test plans, use cases, and system conceptual designs to meet performance targets and development project plans.
- Assist in translating requirements and use cases to the designers, ensuring there is a clear and concise understanding of requirements.
- Participate in reviews of the designs, prototypes and other project work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements.
- Create business cases, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written communication
- Assist in the analysis and design of new business processes around requirements definition, information gathering, and consistent documentation methodologies
- Conduct qualitive and quantitative product testing to build metrics that influence product decision making.
- Using multiple information gathering techniques, conduct facilitated design sessions with customers to define detailed business requirements for solution development. Establish and maintain clear scope boundaries for the solution. .
- Champion product positioning and benefits to customers and stakeholders; including knowledge transfer and training Mentor product team regarding product quality, documentation & potential areas of training and product improvements
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects.
- 7+ years product management experience, B2B and SaaS product delivery experience preferred
- 2+ years management experience
- Strong track record of crafting roadmaps and delivering products well-aligned with business strategy
- Experience working in an agile delivery and teams (SCRUM)
- Experience using Azure DevOps and Aha! to collaborate on, build and deploy software
- Strong project management skills: attention to detail; ability to create and manage timelines, key deliverables, dependencies, quality and delivery
- Analytical mindset and ability to make decisions and demonstrate results based on data
- Ability to influence and manage project outcomes to deliver results.
- Excellent business communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail and respect for timelines & deadlines
- Positive nature, enthusiasm, motivation and a desire for continuous improvement
- Experience with SEC Financial Reporting and iXBRL filings and tagging solutions preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in investment market and regulatory filings preferred
- BA/BS required
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected] #BI-Remote