Senior Product Owner at Rocket Travel, Inc
Rocket Travel is looking for a Senior Product Owner to join our growing Product team. In this role, you will be focused on leading a cross-functional team to build customer-centric products and experiences.
This role is a senior hands-on position on a high impact, high visibility team, with many opportunities to grow, take ownership, mentor teammates, and start new initiatives.As a Senior Product Owner at Rocket Travel, you will:
- Be fully accountable for the success of your product scope, taking ownership of a roadmap that achieves a broad set of business, customer, and quality goals
- Work with engineering to understand timelines, dependencies, and tradeoffs
- Work with designers to create customer-centric, lovable experiences
- Create and maintain product dashboards to track performance and trends of KPIs, providing rigorous insights into user behavior
- Find and create opportunities to mentor other product owners, as well as contributing to the competencies of a growing product organization
- Work with senior members of the company collaboratively to communicate and finalize decisions
- Create your own path at a fast growing company
- You are an inclusive product leader, able to inspire and navigate the team and stakeholders through ambiguity and changing priorities
- You are customer and people focused, optimizing the product from user insights, customer engagement, and both qualitative and quantitative data
- You are data-driven, able to ask the right questions and resourcefully find the answer
- You are technically empathetic, understanding the inherent tradeoffs in building technology products, and experienced in working with technical team members
- You have extensive experience building products, businesses, and/or organizations, managing through scenarios of evolving ambiguity, resources, and constraints
- You are well-versed in the art and science of product management, even better if you have measurable experience in travel, software, and/or growth stage organizations
- Work with a group of intrinsically motivated people with a track record for building successful new businesses from scratch.
- Embody curiosity, community, and accountability. We live and build products by these values every day.
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days (or hours).
- Get inspired and encouraged to vacation faster, with an annual vacation stipend.
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including bonus, 401k with match, flexible vacation time, maternity and paternity benefits, health, and dental insurance.
- Can work remotely. Though we have great offices in Chicago’s West Loop and in NYC’s Empire State building, we're all working remotely for the time being, and we welcome full-time remote applicants, too.
- Share your passion for travel with equally adventurous teammates.
- Work within the largest online travel company in the world. Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel products and is part of Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and we’re using 2021 to prepare for the future. We’re solidifying our tech stack, our business capabilities, polishing our UI, and growing our partnerships so that we’ll be ready to meet the world’s pent-up demand for travel when the time comes.
About Rocket Travel
Rocket Travel partners with loyalty programs around the world to make travel even more rewarding. Our customers can earn and redeem miles, points, and gift cards, or save big with exclusive discounts, for booking travel accommodations around the world, from global favorite brands to boutique bed and breakfasts. We also help our partners curate vacation excursion planning and car rental services, with a completely branded experience from the first search to check-out from their stay.
We attract customers from every corner of the globe with a user experience that's built in-house from ideation to finished product: our team includes front- and back-end developers, customer service, data analysts, designers, marketers, accountants, partnership sales, and managers. We have offices in Chicago, NYC, Bogota, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, and Cebu, as well as colleagues working remotely across four continents. Our global partnerships range from world-class airlines to international banks to large-scale shopping platforms.
We began in 2013 as a start-up, were acquired by Bookings Holdings Group two quick years later, and we've been growing rapidly ever since. Rocket Travel is dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone has the opportunity to reach new heights in their career, and expand their knowledge working alongside talented, dedicated colleagues. We encourage all applicants with a touch of wanderlust to apply to our team, as we work toward helping our travelers reach the vacation of their dreams.