Senior Staff Technical Product Manager in Database Engineering at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable.
We are disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow requires continual personal development.
Introduction to the role
This high visibility role reports to the Head of Technical Product Management
As a Senior Staff Technical Product Manager in our Database and Architecture team, you will engage with experienced, cross-disciplinary staff to deliver functional enhancements to the ServiceNow product.
In this role, you will:
- Be part of a brand new team in Platform Infrastructure, working with key stakeholders in the Platform/Architecture and executive teams to define the strategy and design for high priority customer deliverables
- Lead cross functional development and execution on technology integration from design through delivery
- Represent the customer perspective in engineering design decisions and managing expectations on both sides for feasible deliverables
- Partner across a wide variety of functions at ServiceNow to drive change in a complex setting
- Work with remote teams and external partners to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines
- Leverage your expertise to identify and define the most critical priorities and establish best practices for the team
- Communicate regularly with senior leadership on status, risks and change control
- Bachelor’s degree within a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 12+ years of relevant work experience in technical product management in an enterprise software environment
- Strong experience and understanding of database technologies and use cases
- Comfortable with having deep technical conversations with Infrastructure Engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to work from ambiguous problem statement to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line
- Detail oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem-solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues
- Proven ability to successfully define and execute complex cross-functional customer value adds end-to-end while maintaining clear communication at all levels
- Experience defining projects, understanding and representing customer requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets
- Proven ability to handle communication at both an executive and engineering level
- Expertise driving software development with program management tools
- Collaborate with top architects to innovate on customer value
- Master’s degree or advanced technical degree
- Background in hands on software development (bonus points for Java but open to any language)
- Proven experience as a technical thought leader, translated into patented work
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.