Software Development Technical Writer at The Shelby Group
Where are you going?
Are you looking to grow in your career? Do you approach new challenges with excitement? The Shelby Group’s culture is an environment where your passion for professional growth and development are valued. You’ll have the opportunity to stand out; as we provide the visibility and recognition at the individual, team and company level. You’ll have the opportunity to leverage your ability to build strong relationships with employees and clients at all levels.
What You Will Do:
The Shelby Group is seeking a Software Development Technical Writer to support the software design and development process for Shelby’s Digital Invoice platform.
The role will play a key function in capturing and documenting:
- Functional requirements
- Functional Designs & Process flows
- Technical requirements
- Technical Designs
- Architecture Diagrams
- Code Library / Javadocs
- End user documentation
- Training Materials
The role will be integral to serve as the official record keeper of requirements, designs, and decisions throughout the software development lifecycle. The role will work as a liaison between Product Management, User Groups, R&D leadership to ensure that design decisions and implemented as intended and subsequently supportable through proper documentation. The successful candidate will need to have a working understand of Software terminology, ability to understand complex functional / business requirements, and a basic background of software development.
- 2+ years technical writing experience.
- Proven understanding of modern software development concepts; the closer your experience level is to being a software developer, the better.
- Ability to organize information into an easy-to-understand hierarchy.
- Self-driven, with strong time management and prioritization skills. •
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, as well as understand why they’re important to our users.
- Can collaborate cross-functionally with people in all ranks, teams, and disciplines across the company.
- Experience with Git, HTML/CSS, and at least one programming language (professional experience or otherwise).
Who we are:
The Shelby Group is the global leader in platform-enabled procurement optimization. Our success can be attributed to our people. We hire creative, agile, and driven professionals who are always adapting, learning, and developing. Our company has a staff of 135+ diverse and talented employees who embody our work hard play hard culture. They create an environment where you can be yourself, are allowed to take risks and make mistakes, and have the opportunity for self-directed growth and learning. We are looking for candidates who are excited to nurture this environment and add to our unique culture.
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Package
- Disability and Life Insurance Package
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Career Advancement Opportunities