Sr. Director Product Management- Enterprise Data and Customer at Nordstrom
The Sr. Director Product Management Enterprise Data and Customer is a key member of the Nordstrom Product Management team, championing the customer experience evolution through data-driven insights. This role is responsible for driving the strategy around the capture, curation, and analytical expression of the data needed to run our business and build the right products and features to impact the customer experience. This effort extends across numerous business domains and includes strategy specific to our customers' profiles and identities. In addition, this leader provides product support for our infrastructure and security services teams. This includes planning the product roadmap and prioritizing the applicable technology backlog, leading product discovery, and measuring and communicating results of the investments in production, all while ensuring stakeholder alignment.
A day in the life...
Advanced Capability with the following competencies, requiring minimal management support:
- Develops roadmap strategy, vision, business benefits, and prioritization of goals
- Ensures alignment on priorities and direction by partnering with other groups, stakeholders and leaders across the business including, but not limited to: Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Stores, Ecommerce
- Partners with Business Units, Data Science, UX, Research, and Engineering on feature design
- Drives ownership of features and services throughout the product lifecycle for our cross-channel customer experiences
- Collaborates with peers and leaders across the enterprise to solicit needs, define vision and ensure outcomes align with enterprise priorities and goals
- Hires and supervises an efficient and effective team that meets the needs of the product management strategies
- Partners with technology teams to deliver key features and functionality that enhance the customer experience across Nordstrom channels
- Monitors & identifies customer needs staying current on industry standards/trends and responding by making adjustments to user experience and product roadmaps
- Maintains a strong understanding of available technologies and solutions
You own this if you have...
- 10+ years' experience or equivalent with 3+ years of management experience required, specifically in product management with technology or ecommerce company preferred
- Bachelors' degree in math, statistics, finance, economics, or quantitative discipline is preferred
- Experience with data, analytics, retail and privacy preferred
- Ability to inspire others, including demonstrated experience managing and leading strong teams
- Ability to define, measure and analyze processes to identify improvement opportunities
- Technical background and understanding of software development principals and a/b testing
- Ability to build relationships cross-functionally with multiple teams from areas such as Analytics, Engineering and User Experience
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom, Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.