Sr. Product Manager at KAR Global
We are fast-paced, forward thinking and driven by data.
We are accelerating the used car industry.
We are looking for creative, talented, hard-working individuals to join us.
Buckle up. It's going to be a great ride.
Based in Chicago, Autoniq, LLC (powered by DaaS and KAR Auction Services) is the leading mobile automotive appraisal service for car dealers. autoniq® is accelerating the used car industry by bringing data and technology together in a spectacular, first-of-its-kind fashion to help dealers acquire the right vehicles, at the right price, right now. We are committed to delivering data-driven solutions with a high-touch, personalized level of service to each of our clients.
We are looking for world-class individuals to join our team of creative technologists, forward-thinking product and marketing professionals, engineers and visionary data scientists. We are committed to offering our employees top benefits and perks, including medical, dental, vision, tech subsidies, and much more.
We are looking for people that will help us continue a culture that is exciting, diverse, empowering, motivating and challenging. Are you interested in learning more?
As a member of Autoniq’s Product Management team, you will help shape the future and vision of our software offerings. Autoniq’s Product Managers are responsible for leading the charge on new product conceptualization, building a business case, development and launch as well as post launch enhancements for products. The Sr. Product Manager maintains close relationships with the market (customers and prospects) for awareness of the evolving business needs of the market.
As the Sr. Product Manager, you will be responsible for creating design requirements, a cohesive product roadmap and for driving performance to the sales and profit plans of a new software platform. This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Director of Product Management.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Research and understand competitive products in the marketplace and propose strategies and tactics to manage any competitive threats or take advantage of any opportunities.
- Define and maintain Business, Brand and Customer objectives, for purposes of developing long term vision and strategy in the product life cycle. Ensure all required details and data are provided to the Engineering Team and Project Managers for successful deliverables.
- Prioritize IT development project requests to maximize market impact and business unit responsiveness while collaborating with development and design.
- Work with a wide variety of stakeholders to identify needs/goals, determine feasibility and prioritize based on the overall strategy for developing the product. This position requires the ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external customers (e.g. stakeholders and buyers) and will work closely with all Operational Areas.
- Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
- Partner with UX design, data science and multiple technical teams to bring your ideas to life and execute your roadmap at lightning speed
- Develop metrics to monitor and quantify impact of all new programs that you launch.
- Define and analyze key performance indicators to inform decision-making and measure success
- Drive insights on the markets and segments in which software products compete; stay abreast of industry trends, events, and channels to anticipate customer needs
- Understand the market landscape including competition, technology, and how our platform fits within the broader ecosystem
- Create requirements based on market understanding while identifying cross-product dependencies and relative priority with other product managers
- Develop and manage a multi-year platform roadmap
- Work with Development, Engineering, Ops, IT and Customer Service to ensure platform launches on time and to quality targets
- Collaborate with marketing team to create and execute marketing content, materials, new product launch, and go-to-market plans
- Understand Autoniq’s business strategy and operational constraints to ensure platform development meets company objectives
- 5-8+ years of experience in product management
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent in experience is required.
- Direct experience with project management
- Strong understanding of technology is preferred.
- Understanding of and experience with Agile preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Strong leadership skills - must be able to work across departments