At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software development company in a category of its own. We are a publicly traded company that offers an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) which enables employees to share in the long-term growth and future success of the company.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees and supervisors.
Our lean development process enables our small product oriented teams to innovate, collaborate and bring amazing features to market.
Our talent anywhere philosophy nurtures a diverse and dynamic group of colleagues with a shared mission to make great products and have fun doing it.
The Strategic Initiatives Leader is an integral role in our Product Development organization. This leader serves as a project manager and driver for the internal initiatives that are critical to scale the product line for growth in our employee and customer base. This position requires the ability to influence and facilitate the cooperation of others without direct management oversight. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working actively across the Product Team Leaders, Product Owners and multiple product and Technology teams to drive results across the entire Paylocity Technology portfolio.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
· Skilled and practiced at organizing and managing cross-team projects to successful completion
· Flexible in approach of project plan design and execution based on requirements of team and projects
· Highly emotionally intelligent, possessing the ability to adjust style to meet the needs of the audience
· Supportive and savvy about change communication
· Proactive in communication, relationship building, gap identification, risk mitigation and all elements of project execution
How we work:
· Small, self-sufficient product-oriented teams with an entrepreneurial spirit organized into categories
· Dedicated Tech Operations experts committed to cutting-edge infrastructure and developer tools
· We don’t add more folks to our teams, we add additional teams to scale
· Casual, collaborative, agile environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles
· Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress
· Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and product teams
What we offer:
· Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our product teams in the best position to succeed
· A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
· A subscription to an Online Training Forum for all technology colleagues
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Proven experience as a Project Manager, leading initiatives that span multiple teams
· 3+ years of experience working in an agile environment
· Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
· Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
· Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
· Collaborative approach to decision-making on teams, including ability to influence without direct line of reporting
· Effective presentation skills
· Experience with processes and tools supporting agile frameworks
During the last three months, you would have:
· Drove, coordinated and reported on internal Technology initiatives across our product portfolio
· Assembled plans and assignments, identified resource needs, risks, dependencies and escalated issues appropriately
· Served as liaison between technical and non-technical team members to ensure deliverables are met
· Managed initiatives with significant complexity and scope
· Facilitated communication and collaboration both within and across teams
· Promoted a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and innovation
· Facilitated cross-organizational routines
· Assisted in driving process improvements to deliver better quality products for our customers
· Achieved objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans, identifying trends and driving changes
· Built relationships with stakeholders across all levels and departments
· Proactively identified areas of need and generated ideas for how those gaps can be filled
· Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2014, 2017, 2018
· Glassdoor Highest Rated CEO's 2014, 2017
· CIO Applications Top 25 HR Technology Solution Providers 2017
· Deloitte Technology Fast 500 2013-2017
· DC Digital Top Work Places 2016-2017
· 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in Chicago 2008-2017
· Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago 2012-2017
· Best Places to Work Idaho 2017
· Best Places to Work Orlando Business Journal 2016-2017
· Best & Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation 2014, 2017
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.