SVP Product - Distribution and Merchandising at Numerator
The SVP Product – Distribution & Merchandising (D&M) will lead all product management activities for Numerator's D&M business. This person will establish the vision, strategies, and plans for focused growth and positive net retention. They will provide specific requirements and direction to product development activities for the Distribution & Merchandising business. The SVP Product – Distribution & Merchandising will focus on maintaining and improving the Distribution & Merchandising business line, including the revenue and profitability of the business.
This position reports to the Chief Product Officer (CPO) and is based in San Francisco, Chicago or Ottawa. It will require significant travel to meet with clients and participate in key industry conferences. The primary products that will be supported by this position include our Shopper Insights and Digital Shelf products. This position requires a deep background in eCommerce distribution and merchandising.
- Performing voice of the customer and user research to inform product vision and capabilities
- Assessing relative strengths and weaknesses of product through in-depth win / loss analysis
- Studying current and new industry trends, technologies, and competitors
- Representing company at conferences and networking events
- Setting product line's vision and leading product line's product management
- Creating requirements documents than can be fed into product development processes and properly estimated
- Establishing value propositions and pricing for the product line
- Applying world-class best practices and ensuring these are being met
- Participating in setting and ultimately achieving aggressive and achievable revenue and profitability targets for the product
- Developing strategic plans and setting timelines for evaluation, development, and launch of all products within product line
- Collaborating with senior leaders, including product development, technology, operations, legal, finance, human resources, marketing and sales to align efforts with overall company strategy
- Reviewing time-frames and working cross-functionally to hold the organization accountable
- Become an example of best practices for a sustainable, diverse product organization