Technical Account Director at StreamLayer
Do you love sports (NFL, Premier League soccer, NBA, MLB, etc.)? Are you a fan of esports? Do you get excited by groundbreaking, innovative technologies? Are you interested in transforming the way the world watches sports on smartphones and connected TVs?
Then we have the perfect position for you.
StreamLayer is an award-winning B2B startup based in Chicago focused on audience engagement around live sports content on both mobile and connected TV devices. Having just emerged from a multi-year stealth period, we are currently looking for a knowledgeable, proactive and detail-oriented Technical Account Director to help manage and deliver world-class service to our clients -- large, well-known media companies and professional sports leagues who own and operate direct-to-consumer OTT streaming services. The position is slated to begin in Q1 of this coming year (2020), with the candidate search process to begin immediately.
The Role - World Class Client Liaison
This position will be responsible for proactively owning and managing technical relationships with global media companies (think ESPN, NBC Sports, etc.) and major sports leagues (NBA, NFL, PGA, etc.) involved in OTT video streaming. The role is part service delivery manager (managing the onboarding process), project manager, part relationship manager, part incident manager and overall client champion.
You will develop a deep understanding of our clients’ strategic OTT / streaming objectives and then use that information both to ensure the successful delivery of StreamLayer’s current solutions, as well as help drive the Company’s product road map so we continually stay well ahead of industry trends and thus the competition.
Proactively own and manage multiple high-visibility and high-touch client relationships
Maintain high-level technical knowledge of core StreamLayer solution and future product direction
Regularly meet and engage with clients to understand immediate and long-term client goals, objectives and strategic road map
Develop highly effective relationships across all client departments
Proactively manage, measure and track client production tickets to insure their timely resolution
Provide clear and constructive product feedback to StreamLayer product development teams based on client use-cases and requirements
Educate and guide clients through early access/beta initiatives and collect feedback that can be used to improve and further refine these features
Build and maintain knowledge of relevant technologies, industry trends, regulations, challenges, and business drivers impacting the live sports streaming industry
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar area of study, or equivalent technical training
• Strong interest in, and understanding of, OTT and video streaming technology and trends. Preference will be given to candidates with prior working experience in this space.
• 3 or more years of experience in technical project management, technical account management or similar area.
• Working knowledge of modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on native mobile applications (iOS and Android), smart TV applications (tvOS, Roku, etc.), API integrations and cloud-based networking
• Strong analytical skills regarding technical and project management issues
• Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
• Ability to engage and communicate effectively across multiple levels of a Fortune 500 size client’s technical operations, from front-line engineers to mid-level management through C-level personnel (CEO/CIO/CTO)