Technical Product Manager
At Relativity, we make great software that helps users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our product is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world – in the cloud, on-premises, or both – to manage large volumes of data.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will work closely with a highly technical delivery team to continue to evolve kCura’s software - Relativity.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with internal and external customers to understand their needs and translate findings to an actionable roadmap
- Clearly communicate client challenges and proposed solutions to internal teams and stakeholders; articulate how Relativity's new and existing products address clients’ needs and challenges
- Own the feature backlog for the software components, prioritized by working with internal and external customers & stakeholders to understand their needs
- Strategize, set goals and direction for the product and communicate via product roadmap
- Lead workshops with the delivery team to explain the business value of a set of features and drive consensus around how we should solve business problems
- Be ready to address any business questions the teams have about the planned features
- Prepare and deliver compelling and informative demonstrations to share what we have built to stakeholders and elicit feedback
- Cooperate with Software Development Managers to ensure effective execution of plans and roadmaps
- Partner with the Marketing Team to create compelling and informative messaging around new features
- BS/BA in computer science, engineering or related fields, and at least five years of work experience that includes business analysis, systems architecture, and/or systems development and analysis
- Experience in iterative Agile development methodologies, Scrum preferably
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Ability to work with highly technical teams and effectively pass information on required features that lead to successful implementation
- Ability to work with non-technical clients in a consultative capacity to quickly learn new concepts and provide software solutions using effective verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
- Ability to gather requirements from stakeholders and clearly articulate the vision for each product release
- Ability to anticipate, identify and ensure resolution of possible technical and business implications of each release
- Strong business acumen
- Highly effective systemic thinking skills
- Superior communication skills with proven ability to relate with both technical and business professionals
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
Our software has more than 150,000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and more than 195 of the Am Law 200. We have grown significantly over the last several years and continue striving to build software that helps solve our customers’ toughest e-discovery and unstructured data challenges.