Technical Product Manager - Data Platform at VillageMD
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and modernly connected to internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement, and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
Product Managers at VillageMD take complete ownership of the success of our healthcare software products, balancing product priorities and corporate strategy to make competitive software that pushes technical innovation. Product Managers will drive the success of these products in terms of feature adoption, sales, customer happiness, and financial viability, working across product, engineering, analytics, and market teams to achieve product goals.
What are examples of work that Technical Product Managers have done at VillageMD?
- Lead quarterly product design and planning sessions with engineering teams to collaboratively develop product roadmap, prioritizing feature builds by quarter
- Identify build/buy decision for an Enterprise Patient Master Index for the organization, and be thought leader through build/buy decision making and project manager of the internal build solution
- Design and build level 1 monitoring solutions for products, leveraging SQL and Tableau to support day to day operations
What will make you successful here?
- A real passion for problem solving and learning new technology
- Vision to balance speed and maintainability in solution design
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- The ability to handle multiple, concurrent projects
- Excellent ability to create and implement requirements, keep projects on track, and engage partners
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes and tools
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal - with the development team, internal stakeholders, and customers.
- Strong sales presence, competently demoing the product and tailoring the demo to the target audience.
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Build and communicate a vision for products and how they fit into the overall company strategy
- Take complete ownership of a product (known as the expert and go-to for that product)
- Participate in and/or lead multiple build/buy conversations
- Stay up to date on the industry narrowly and broadly for emerging trends or changes in regulation that could impact product roadmap
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 3-5 years Product ownership, technical project management, or other related work (healthcare industry experience a plus)
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Basic data modeling expertise
- Understanding of message-based architecture (eg REST APIs, SOA principles, etc.) and orchestration technologies (eg Airflow).
- Ability to drive meaningful insights with incomplete data.
- Strong capabilities in analytics tools such as Tableau, advanced Excel, or equivalent
- Ability to drive decision making on the focused product within team and amongst constituents (engineering, analytics, ops, enablement, etc).
- Ability to acknowledge, forecast and mitigate risk ahead of time across multiple domains
- BS/MS in related fields.
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.