Technical Product Manager
- Ensure what we build solves the business problem and delivers the ROI identified by interacting with customers and stakeholders throughout the planning, development and delivery process.
- Translate prioritized initiatives into detailed feature plans to deliver a product that is stable in production and satisfies scalability, reliability, performance and business goals.
- Identify personas and define use cases, epics, user workflows, detailed requirements, and user stories with well-defined acceptance criteria.
- Demonstrate and maintain product/platform expertise; specifically, in how the client uses the product and its features.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with cross-functional internal teams and external customers to understand user needs, translate findings to actionable feature planning artifacts, and prioritize the feature/defect backlog.
- Have a strong working knowledge of the competitive landscape and be able to define how a feature compares/relates to other solutions in the market.
- Collaborate with UX to design mockups, prototypes, and user studies.
- Work alongside architects to define technically optimal product features.
- Work directly with development(s) teams on feature-related projects by participating in release planning and scrum activities to explain the business value and drive consensus in how we solve the business problem; responsible for accepting feature work as complete.
- Prepare and deliver compelling and informative demonstrations at bi-weekly product demonstrations with senior leadership and other forums to share what we have built with stakeholders and elicit feedback.
- Establish and maintain product related metrics to inform product plans through usage and performance.
- Trend product related data to identify unnecessary complexity and other product areas that should be addressed; recommend solutions and communicate action-oriented outcomes/next steps.
- Communicate product plans and progress with internal and external stakeholders through various means.
- Regularly make product decisions that consider both market needs and technical tradeoffs.
- Write and/or review all customer related documentation for defects and features and maintain the list of known defects for their product.
- Coordinate or directly deliver messaging and training related to the feature and/or defect.
- Monitor customer portal, respond to customer queries, and post updates related to technical questions and requirements.
- Partner with Product Management, Marketing and Sales to create compelling and informative feature messaging for external demos and collateral updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Technical Communications or comparable work experience
- 3-5 years working in a technology industry or 5 years of work experience that includes product management, business analysis, systems architecture, and/or systems development and analysis.
- Experience in iterative Agile development methodologies.
- Must be able to gather requirements from stakeholders and clearly articulate the vision for each product release.
- Must be able to anticipate, identify, and ensure resolution of possible technical and business implications of each release.
- Ability to work with non-technical clients in a consultative capacity to quickly learn new concepts and provide software solutions using effective verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Proven experience in both business and technical requirements elicitation.
- Highly effective systemic thinking skills.
- Superior communication skills with proven ability to relate with both technical and business professionals.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Maintains a proactive approach to problem solving with internal and external clients.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, remaining agile through change.
- Is intrinsically motivated by delivering high quality technical solutions to customers.