Strong Growth and Profitability
OppLoans has grown 1,500 percent over the past three years. In 2018, we made the Inc. 500 for the third year in a row. We have originated hundreds of thousands of loans and surpassed $125 million of annual revenue this year. In 2019, we’re projected to exceed $200 million, all while maintaining strong profitability.
Customers Love Our Product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our borrowers are saying on Google and the BBB!
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and generous benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the happiest offices in the country. We were recently named the 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago and are looking to hire 100 new employees in 2019. In 2018, Glassdoor named us the 6th best place to work in the nation. Check out our reviews to see why our employees love us!
What You Can Expect From Us
A fast-paced environment with dynamic challenges and opportunities to make an impact. A commitment to professional development and support for your growth. Ability to work with a team of hard working professionals who truly value excellence and providing a phenomenal customer experience. A group committed to a fantastic employee experience from the very first interview to the everyday experience.
What We Are Looking For
An amazing product starts with a compelling vision of how we can deliver value to improve the financial lives of our customers. As VP Product, you will set the product strategy and vision, lead the Product team to execute on our roadmap, and work closely with Technology teams in an agile fashion to launch our initiatives. You will obsess over the customer experience to reduce friction and maximize conversion. Along the way, you will build and retain a best-in-class Product team responsible for shipping every feature and functionality at our company. Product is the intersection of Business, Technology, and Operations. This cross-functional and highly-visible role is the central hub to key stakeholders across various functions such as Marketing, Analytics, Credit, Finance, and Legal/Compliance.
- Build Strategy: Establish a compelling product strategy that is clearly communicated through a product roadmap of strategic initiatives; Lead the prioritization of strategic initiatives in the plan and decide what needs to be built to accelerate growth.
- Drive Innovation: Have a clear understanding of the market, including current and prospective customer needs, trends, and emerging opportunities; Drive our competitive intelligence to ensure we continue to stay ahead of the competition; Build impactful technology solutions that range from add-on features on our Salesforce platform, or complex bespoke microservices; Lead the decision making in build vs. buy.
- Enhance the Customer Experience: Inspire and delight customers by delivering best-in-class UIUX design with a “Customer First” mindset. Conduct user group surveys and conjoint analyses to fine-tune our products and improve customer satisfaction; Ensure we deliver on our promise to be the most socially responsible lender for non-prime consumers.
- Execute with Excellence: Implement a robust process that facilitates execution through all aspects of the product development lifecycle including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, launch, and post-release procedures; Ensure proactive communication to stakeholders throughout the lifecycle; Deliver on time and on budget.
- Collaborate and Align Stakeholders: Partner effectively with key internal stakeholders such as Marketing, Credit, and Legal/Compliance to ensure product strategy is in sync with the diverse needs and goals of the business while aligning all business units to a common product vision.
- Lead with Data: Build KPIs to measure the Product team’s effectiveness in launching products, generating revenue growth, retaining customers, and creating customer satisfaction; Utilize data to identify needs, tell the story about your successful launch, and continue to A/B test new iterations that maximize conversion and retention. Be at home with Bayes’ theorem for statistical testing.
- Build a Best-in-Class Team: Recruit and retain a high-performing Product team across Product Management, UIUX, and market/customer research. Manage team capabilities with a long-term view in mind and relentlessly improve the team’s knowledge and expertise through resources and tools.
- 10+ years Product Management experience in B2C software, including 5+ years experience leading Product teams. FinTech experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience with the Salesforce platform is a plus.
- End-to-end Product lifecycle experience from conception to launch. Experience with Agile processes and methodology.
- High degree of proficiency working with data.
- Familiarity with SQL, Periscope, Tableau, or other similar tools.
- Must have demonstrated quantifiable, high-impact achievements in previous roles.
- Results-driven, goal-oriented mindset with high intent on delivering impactful eventualities. Keen focus on execution.
- All-around “athlete” who is intellectually curious, highly analytical, and purposefully strategic.
- Ability to multitask, execute quickly, and get things done.
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and complicated problems and create robust, scalable solutions.
- Organized, meticulous, and detail-obsessed individual.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially in conveying analytical findings with key stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. MBA preferred but not required.
- Chicago area candidates preferred but not required.
- Executive, reporting directly to COO
Competitive Salary And Benefits Package Including
- Competitive Benefit package.
- Free PPO Medical plan option with BCBS.
- Flexible Spending accounts & Health Saving plans with employer contribution up to $500.
- Dental, Vision, Accident coverage.
- Disability plans & Life insurance 100% employer paid.
- Wellness & EAP Programs.
- CTA, Metra & parking programs.
- Opportunities to donate to charity.
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available including a Bevi machine and unlimited free coffee.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- Free gym membership onsite.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships & Soul Cycle classes.
- 401(k) plan with employer match that is fully vested upon enrollment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Dynamic start-up culture in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Weekly office events including but not limited to: happy hours, massages, trivia & game nights, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts & lunches, professional development seminars, fitness classes, etc.
- Dual monitors and stand-up workstations.
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.