Compliance Sales Consultant
Reports to: President
Who You Are
You will thrive here if you are a highly motivated compliance, risk, and/or legal expert who is yearning to join the technology world and work with modern technologies. You are able to drive product market positioning and build corresponding sales messaging and content that enables the Sales & Marketing Team to win new business and retain customers. You will be instrumental in compiling and assessing buyer, market, competitor and customer insights in order to drive changes to new product features and offerings. The Compliance Sales Consultant will support Ascent’s Sales & Marketing Team with pre-sales and post-sales activities including demonstrations, consulting clients on business problems, and client implementations across all business segments, including large global banks, SME’s and channel partnerships. The Compliance Sales Consultant will also partner with Ascent’s Product Team to share insights from a practitioner perspective on enhancing existing offerings and product planning of new features. This role is critical for Ascent to ensure that we effectively serve every client’s needs.
Specific to Marketing Support:
- Collaborate internally with our teams to develop product positioning, messaging, and sales content that resonates and demonstrates differentiation while preserving our core value proposition.
- Continuous monitoring, analyzing, sharing and developing responses to market developments, customer behavior and competitor activities.
- Partner with Sales to ensure our product, messaging, and collateral are aligned, and updated with our positioning and accessible to the sales organization.
- Synthesize buyer, market, competitor, and customer insights into new product ideas and use cases that can be driven by various internal stakeholders.
- Become a model user of our platform and services to amplify your impact
- Provide feedback to product teams on new regulatory developments Ascent should start covering
Specific to Compliance Sales Consulting:
- Partner with customers and provide users knowledge and insights to continuously improve and enhance the results achieved with Ascent
- Consult with customers to develop solutions that leverage Ascent’s capabilities
- Review and analyze regulatory maintenance process to determine compliance methodologies
- Understand business and compliance-related problems to identify and present solutions
- Assist with conducting virtual trainings and demos with clients to help in determining optimal solutions to fit their needs
- Applying law and regulation
- Detailed knowledge of how to build a regulatory change management process and a compliance management process, from reg change to policies and procedures
- Ability to determine risk appetites
- Phenomenal listener and capable of developing a genuine rapport with clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years of Compliance and/or Risk experience; you have done the job of a Compliance and/or Risk Officer
- Understanding of how regulations are applied within a Financial Services firm
- Have implemented regulatory change management programs
- Working with complex business processes and systems
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; premiums paid 95% for the individual
- Medical premiums paid 50% for covered dependents
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Professional development stipend
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!
Who We Are
Ascent is a Chicago-based startup that closed its Series B funding round of $19.3M in Fall 2019. Founded only four years ago, the team has since grown to over 50 full time employees, led and supported by an executive team and board of directors with extensive experience in technology, regulatory compliance, sales and business operations. Ascent serves global financial institutions such as ING and CommBank, and is also working directly with regulators around the world in order to continually improve and advance our product.
A first mover in building proprietary RegulationAI™, Ascent delivers market leading regulatory knowledge as a groundbreaking new way for financial firms to manage compliance. It is our mission to help our customers protect their business from regulatory and reputational risk while reducing their overall cost to comply.
We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results. Together, we are solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Ascent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.