Senior Data Scientist
We are fast-paced, forward thinking and driven by data.
We are accelerating the used car industry.
We are looking for creative, talented, hard-working individuals to join us.
Buckle up. It’s going to be a great ride.
Based in Chicago, DRIVIN is accelerating the used car industry by bringing data and technology together in a spectacular, first-of-its-kind fashion to help dealers acquire the right cars, at the right price, right now. We are committed to delivering data-driven solutions with a high-touch, personalized level of service to each of our clients.
We are looking for people that will help us create a culture that is exciting, empowering, motivating and challenging. Are you interested in learning more?
At our core, we are an analytics company. The insights we gain from our analyses guide our strategic path forward as we grow revenue, enter new markets, and strengthen our customer relationships. The Data Science team proactively leads and collaborates to identify the most valuable problems to solve, constructs a Roadmap to delivery, and executes our plan. The Director of Data Scientist role will have an empowered role to build the Data Science Roadmap in conjunction with the Product team at DRIVIN. All of the outputs of the Predictive Analytics team models will feed into the Product portfolio at DRIVIN, aiding tens of thousands of internal and external stakeholders in their decision-making processes. The Director will lead a team of data scientists and analysts in charge of delivering these incredibly valuable outputs across DRIVIN and KAR.
- Aid in the development of predictive modeling and machine learning solutions that continually improve with the collection of real-time dealer and salesperson results from product portfolio
- Coordinate KPI goals and delivery dates with senior leadership, ensuring our results are measurable and delivered on time
- Work in an Agile environment with team members, delivering solutions quickly and continuously exploring ways to improve our results
- Actively seek out new potential problems to solve, building out our future Roadmap while simultaneously executing our present analyses
- Work closely with colleagues in Product, Operations, and Sales to structure problems and understand the impact across various departments within the company
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field. If you can tell a story related to how you can leverage your educational background on a data science team, we are all ears
- 7+ years in a Data Science position, building predictive models and leading teams
- Experience designing and implementing a broad range of Regression techniques
- Experience designing and implementing Machine Learning models (preferable)
- Experience coding with R, Python, and SQL languages
- Familiarity with Spark and Amazon Web Services (preferable)
- Ability to clearly explain findings from complex analyses in case studies and power point
- Be a collaborative teammate, sharing knowledge and learning from others while working through complex problems
- Confidence, hustle, energy, and drive – accountability is key and the impact of your work is crucial to our success
- You are always ready for the next challenge, always one step ahead, looking for creative ways to improve upon processes