Senior Financial Analyst
Are you a self-starter? Is financial performance your passion? Are you interested in working closely with our CFO to present budgets, forecasts, or financial models? If so, our Senior Financial Analyst role is for you!
Civis Analytics was born on the campaign trail, with CEO Dan Wagner and our founding members spearheading the 2012 Obama for America analytics team. Since then, our DC and Chicago teams have been building software and growing rapidly among a steadily developing client base in education, energy, government, healthcare, media, nonprofits, and politics. It’s our mission to empower organizations to find truth and guide actions that will change their world for the better.
As Senior Financial Analyst, you will have the unique opportunity to advise management on the financial condition of the company and ensure that we make sound financial decisions. This role will report to the Chief Financial Officer and work closely with the Accounting, Legal, and Sales teams.
Civis Analytics has opportunities for applicants who are seasoned professionals, brilliant newcomers, and anywhere in between. We are looking for detail-oriented individuals from diverse backgrounds with demonstrated quantitative and problem-solving skills. We value creativity, hard work and on-the-job-excellence and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
To learn more about our culture, check out Civis Analytics on The Muse!
- Analyze the company’s financial performance and present findings and recommendations to management
- Prepare annual and monthly budgets, forecasts, and financial models
- Prepare financial reporting packages for shareholders and Board of Directors
- Create and track financial and operational performance metrics
- Support fundraising and financing-related activities
- MBA highly preferred or 5+ years of equivalent practical experience in finance, consulting, or entrepreneurship
- Advanced MS Office skills – particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage financial data in a confidential and professional manner
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Proven ability to multitask and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with an attention to detail