Senior Internal Auditor
Who we are:
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $23 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company. Having gone through explosive growth Guaranteed Rate has maintained being highly entrepreneurial while maintaining a healthy work life balance. If you’re interested in working with motivated and intelligent people while disrupting an industry then we want to talk with you.
Our home base is an old textile building that’s been turned into a hip office with exposed brick and duct work, windows we can actually open during the summer and an open floor plan – no cubicle life here. There are a few offices, but we totally outnumber the office dwellers. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Free 20 minute monthly massages. It’s true, we don’t want you to be a cramped-up mess.
- A free on-site nurse. Psshh who needs a doctor’s appointment when our nurse can do it all? Did we mention the free part?
- An in-house café offering breakfast, lunch and a late afternoon healthy snack. All meals are subsidized so you’ll never pay full price.
- Access to the office gym for only $20 a year – no really - the whole year. Oh and for a puny fee you can take yoga, Cross Fit or boxing. We like our folks healthy and happy.
- A 5,000 square foot rooftop deck that’s available to everyone all day and all evening with wifi, two bars, music, grills and fun umbrellas and fire pits – provided it’s not covered in snow.
- Holiday parties? We got’em! Not just major holidays, any holiday….Marti Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day (for our Canadian employee), Sweetest Day, Groundhog Day, etc..
- Inter-office contests like the Great Mac-Off, Chili Cook-Off and limbo. We always keep you guessing and participating.
- 401k with some matching, Blue Cross health care coverage – yup, dental and vision too, short-term disability, life insurance – we got ya covered on this one, legal assistance – for a small monthly fee and did we mention the awesome rooftop deck?
While we don’t allow jeans, we also don’t allow suits. We want you to just look your best every day and you’ll fit right in.
Guaranteed Rate is looking for a new Senior Internal Auditor to join our team.
- Ensure the timely completion of audit projects in accordance with the Annual Internal Audit Workplan
- Execute financial, operational, compliance, and IT audits
- Plan and design work programs to meet audit objectives
- Assess business processes to ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively and efficiently
- Ensure audit issues and recommendations are sufficiently documented
- Communicate project status to key internal/external contacts and audit management as needed
- Monitor open audit issues/action plans. Obtain status of remediation activities on a quarterly basis
- Mentor less experienced staff auditors
- Perform first-level detail review of deliverables from staff auditors
- Assist the external auditors as needed
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- Master’s Degree is preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in internal and/or external audit
- 2+ years conducting IT related audits is a plus
- Professional designation (CIA preferred)
- Experience in a SOX control environment would be helpful
- Big 4 and/or financial services industry experience would be helpful
- Strong knowledge of internal audit standards and practices
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of data analytical tools
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to develop concise audit reports
- Inter-personal skills to gain trust and confidence of GR staff
- Strong project management and/or experience leading audits
- Flexible in nature to be able to adjust to any sudden changes in direction
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.