We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
Our Site Reliability Engineers are experts of web technologies and use their experience to improve our developer and user experiences through architecture, automation, and tooling. To do this successfully, our infrastructure engineers work on both frontend and backend systems, local machines, CI, and everything in between. As an Infrastructure Engineer you’ll work with engineers from all of our teams and determine what you can do to continuously make their lives better.What You'll Do:
- Design and development of CDN deployment tooling for all of our frontends, both internal and external facing
- Development and maintenance of our Node.JS microservice base app which powers nearly 10% of our backend services
- Regular company-wide upgrades of dependencies like Ubuntu for our build containers and Node.JS for our microservice runtime and local development needs
- Campaign for the adoption of open-source tools across all frontends for better consistency and to improve our ability to work on all frontends without a learning curve
- Adopt tools which improve our ability to determine code coverage, performance, bundle size and other metrics which directly impact our user experience
- Monitor team-owned frontends and backends as part of our on-call rotation to ensure they’re always performing well, and fix any issues which reduce availability
- Participate in architecture discussions with engineers from every team and be able to provide meaningful feedback and constructive criticism with tact
You’ll be working with an empathetic and collaborative team that is excited to answer your questions and share their wisdom with you. We expect you to do the same.About you:
- We don’t have specific requirements on years of experience or degrees because we care more about what you can do, and how you do it. Some members of our team have CS degrees, others are self-taught, have unrelated degrees or graduated from a coding bootcamp. At Collective Health, we believe diversity in background is just one of many forms of diversity that make for a strong team. What we want is leadership, ownership, and accountability.
- We are looking for an experienced candidate who’s done this work before in a professional setting. You won’t be able to answer all of our questions or know how all of our systems work in your first week, and we don’t expect you to. If you haven’t used all of our stack before, that’s fine. You’ll learn on the job and get up to speed quickly.
- We value people who are team-oriented, who constantly learn and more importantly, constantly teach. Above all, we want you to help us improve consistently over time.
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than a quarter million members and over 60 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Box, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, HCSC and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected]