Senior Software Engineer in Test (Java)
At Relativity, we make great software that helps users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our product is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world – in the cloud, on-premises, or both – to manage large volumes of data.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure that the kCura analytics stack meets and maintains a high level of quality through building and leveraging testing tools, frameworks, and tests.
- Produce well written test plans, test reports performance reports, and other documentation as necessary.
- Provide our software with a strong level of quality and protection via unit tests and automated integration tests.
- Share knowledge with other Test and Software Engineers to drive the most effective test strategies possible.
- Positively contribute to the culture, well-being, and growth of each team member and the company at large by being a helpful and considerate team member and by adhering to the company’s core values.
- 7+ years Professional experience in conducting regression tests, functional tests, and performance tests (both load and stress tests) as well as the ability to build, catalog and maintain test data sets and benchmarking results.
- Experience producing test plans and test reports for consumption by multiple stakeholders, including Test Engineers, Software Engineers, Program Managers, and other technical and non-technical parties.
- Experience building tests / testing software with tools that include Groovy, Python, Java, C#, and/or Scala –ability to write testing code is a must.
- Ability to understand complex problems and work with other engineers to determine how to use effective testing strategies to maximize test coverage and reliability
- Demonstrated self-motivation to work independently as well as part of a high performing, diverse team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with Linux and Windows OS
- Exposure to Azure, Amazon AWS, and/or other cloud platforms
- Exposure to Docker
- Experience using CI tools (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Experience with performance profiling and monitoring tools is a plus
- Experience with ticketing systems such as JIRA is a plus
- Experience with source control systems, Git in particular
Our software has more than 150,000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and more than 195 of the Am Law 200. We have grown significantly over the last several years and continue striving to build software that helps solve our customers’ toughest e-discovery and unstructured data challenges.