Software Developer - Core Systems
Title: Software Developer – Core Systems
Optiver’s Core Systems team is responsible for architecting and building an infrastructure that ensures correctness and safety within all of our systems. These systems are shared across all development teams and include infrastructure for instruments, trades and positions, plus various controls associated with the live trading environment. It is crucial to have a strong emphasis on controls, meaning tools and systems that monitor and protect our electronic trading systems. Our work ensures that trading can operate with confidence. We are looking for exceptional developers to help us build and grow these core infrastructural components and controls.
Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. With over 1,000 employees globally and 200 in our Chicago office, our mission to improve the market unites us.
What you’ll do:
• Design, develop, support, and maintain various a robust infrastructure
• Collaborate with our trading, risk, compliance, and middle office groups to drive development of new functionality
• Develop a broad understanding of Optiver’s business functions and in depth knowledge of how our internal groups interact and work together
• Build software that is thoroughly tested and bug free
What you’ll need:
• A passion for clean code and for designing simple and flexible solutions to problems in a wide variety of domains
• A strong sense of ownership and desire to be deeply involved in all aspects of the software lifecycle
• Exemplary attention to detail and a deep interest in learning about the industry
• 2+ years professional development experience
• Knowledge depth in C++, C#, or Java; experience with database technologies desired
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
What you’ll get:
25 days paid vacation; paid commuting expenses up to the maximum allowable amount; attractive bonus structure; training opportunities; generous 401K company match; fully paid health insurance premiums; breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages provided daily; weekly in-house chair massages; casual dress; game room; annual company trip; in office barista and more!