Software Engineer I (Entry Level)
Yello’s talent acquisition software enables companies to humanize the candidate experience by providing unprecedented speed and transparency throughout the candidate journey. Founded in 2008, Yello supports hundreds of organizations globally by serving as a key strategic partner in optimizing recruiting operations and talent relationship management.
In 2017, Yello closed a series C funding round of $31 million and continues to grow quickly. We’re looking to hire people who believe nothing is impossible, love to learn and be curious, can be accountable for success, always enjoy the journey and will own their personality. If this is you, come grow your career with Yello.
About The Role
You'll have the opportunity to join a team of highly skilled developers to build enterprise SaaS applications using Ruby on Rails and other modern web technologies. You'll help your team focus on continuous improvement, code quality, good security, and software craftsmanship. As the lines between development and operations become more blurred you’ll collaborate closely with our Infrastructure and Security teams to build code that is resilient, secure, maintainable, and performant.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Work with project manager, application developers, and the application development manager to define requirements for an application
- Create work request or project document to outline and track application requirements and progress
- Code application following department standards using supported application development tools
- Perform multiple requests and work with the application development manager to manage overall timeline
- Test application and get approval from requestor
- Move application into production and create/update documentation for support
- Support application for user questions and future modifications
What We're Looking For
- Exposure to an open source development language like Java, PHP or Ruby Java or PHP
- Experience with SQL, MySQL or related databases or database design
- Experience with Selenium, Eclipse or other IDEs
- RESTful web services exposure would be a plus
- Linux or operating system exposure would be a plus
- Unit, system testing, and other QA experience would also be a plus
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineer or a related field
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time