Software Engineer II- Delivery
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Build the future of online food ordering! We are looking for top-flight engineers to help us realize our next generation ordering application. Using a best-of-breed tech and agile development approach, this is the ideal position for any software ninja to create a killer website with the latest and greatest tools at their disposal.
- Design, implement, and deliver technical platforms and products.
- Understand our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business.
- Create working software based on understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Communicate effectively with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users.
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to solve problems for diners, restaurant, corporate accounts, and internal stakeholders.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies.
- Play a key role in accurately estimating the timing of software delivery
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 4+ years experience building consumer facing software applications
- Solid programming experience on the JVM (Java/Scala)
- Understanding of unit testing and version control
- Experience with API design and large scale distributed real-time systems
- Knowledge of Spring / Spring MVC Framework
- Familiarity with NoSQL Databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB).
- Eager to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Familiar with Agile software development methodologies
- Interested in working for a fast paced tech and product oriented company
And Of Course, Perks!
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail toTalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.