Software Engineer (Remote or Local)
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software development company in a category of its own. We are a publicly traded company that offers an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) which enables employees to share in the long-term growth and future success of the company.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees and supervisors.
Our lean development process enables our small product oriented teams to innovate, collaborate and bring amazing features to market. Our talent anywhere philosophy nurtures a diverse and dynamic group of colleagues with a shared mission to make great products and have fun doing it.
As a member of one of our product teams, he/she will be responsible for creating, enhancing, and supporting common features. Working side-by-side with Product Owners, Quality Assurance Engineers, and Business Stakeholders, our Software Engineers are actively involved in the complete software development life cycle in an agile environment including technical design, hands-on coding, unit testing, performance tuning, maintenance, test automation, and deploys upgrades.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
• Enthusiastic about developing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience
• An advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process
• Interested in staying current by applying new technologies
• Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
• Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
• Excited to work on cutting-edge technology!
How we work:
• Small, self-sufficient product-oriented teams with an entrepreneurial spirit organized into categories.
• Dedicated IT Operations experts committed to cutting-edge infrastructure and developer tools.
• We don’t add more folks to our teams, we add additional teams to scale.
• Casual, collaborative, agile environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles.
• Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress.
• Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and product teams.
What we offer:
• Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our product teams in the best position to succeed.
• A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them.
• The chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity.
• Annual training allowance plus a subscription to Pluralsight for all technology colleagues.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, technology or related field or equivalent experience
• Must be proficient in object-oriented design and development and unit-testing, preferably in ASP.NET and/or ASP.NET MVC with C#
• Should be familiar with Enterprise Architecture and developer tools
• Must be able to work effectively in an agile environment
• Must be effective and creative in problem solving
During the last three months, you would have:
• Built something that you are proud of
• Learned something that you are excited about
• Done the best work of your career so far
• Found innovative ways to increase the quality of your work
• Exercised creativity and solved cool problems
• Demonstrated passion for writing quality software
• Contributed to a shared code base
• Strengthened your team by sharing your knowledge and interests with others
• Built relationships and communicated with various types and levels of stakeholders across the organization
• Analyzed and spearheaded improvements to the systems and software that are important to your team
• Managed risks, escalated priorities and helped to resolve issues that could impact production quality
• Glassdoor's Employees Choice Award in 2014
• 7-time Winner on Chicago Area's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For
• Inc Magazine listed Paylocity as an Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Privately Held Firm from 2007-2013
• Ranked #14 on Built in Chicago Top 100 Digital Companies for 2014
• Ranked #24 on Forbes 2013 List of Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago
• Ranked #38 on Crain's Fast Fifty List of Chicago's Fastest Growing Companies in 2014
• Ranked #334 on Deloitte's 2014 Technology Fast 500 List of Fastest Growing Companies in North America