Sr Software Engineer ABAP/Vistex
Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 22,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
1) The Sr. Software Developer/Vistex, will be working with any of the following Vistex modules: Commissions, Vendor Rebates, Customer Rebates and Chargebacks. This role is a functional/technical role and the candidate should have experience designing, trouble shooting, writing and supporting complex custom ABAP development. Working knowledge of Vistex programing, configuration and business processes is a plus. This position functions as a liaison working with stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems. The Sr. Software Developer /Vistex understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends and implements solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
2) The Sr. Software Developer /Vistex role consists of the tasks, knowledge, and techniques required to identify business needs and to determine and assess proposed solutions to business problems. Solutions require analysis of impact against 3 variables:
- System Development – Analysis work performed to review the current stated solutions used by an organization, to identify the issues, define the requirements, and suggest best possible solutions, in addition to configuration, development and testing.
- Continuous Improvement – Analysis work to review current manual or workflow activities and tasks performed by people, functional areas, and systems which are designed to achieve a specific outcome, while assuring data quality/integrity.
-Understands relationships, information exchanges/handoffs, procedures, policies, and observations of work performed to achieve specific outcomes. Within the context of the relationship with the business, assures alignment for continuous improvement within the systems landscape.
- Participates in and/or drives design effort focusing on end to end process optimization, using standard system functionality whenever possible
- Provides business systems analysis and process redesign expertise, interacting with business partners to clearly define and document business requirements
- Creates and maintains, functional and technical specifications/documentation for the applications required at various phases of the System Development Life Cycle within Solution Manager
- Participates in and/or drives the system configuration, and development which meet security, architecture, and support requirements, all while satisfying business needs
- Understands the systemic data requirements as they relate to improving/changing the business process or system
- Participates and/or coordinates required testing/validation of system enhancements and fixes, creating and/or executing the test cases including problem determination and resolution
- Collaborates with business partners regarding deployment needs, training, communications, change management and implementation of the application change
- Applies project management standards ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner; communicates status and escalates open/unresolved issues when necessary with in Service Now and JIRA.
- Participates in system emergency or crisis situations to define/implement workaround processes, corrective action, communication, and system clean up activities
- Stays current with changing needs of the business and technology advancements in the marketplace that may drive improved business operations
- Bachelor degree in Business Area or IS or equivalent work experience as appropriate based on job level.
- 7-10 years of experience in related field
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate to various levels of management to clarify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Complex ABAP programming skills
- Strong system knowledge of SAP/Vistex and any of the following modules; FICO, MM, SD CRM, Vistex IP
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to adapt to changing business processes, technologies, and environments.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, e.g possesses ability to conduct stakeholder interviews.
“Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.”
Job Segment: Developer, SAP, ERP, Information Systems, CRM, Technology
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- © 2017. Grainger. All Rights Reserved