Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
What Trunk Club Is Looking For
The TC Finance team has long been regarded as one of the hardest working teams at Trunk Club, and we are looking for a Staff Accountant to help carry on that legacy. This is an opportunity to work with a small, collaborative team at a quickly growing company.
What You Will Do Everyday
- Perform actual to budget variance analysis and assist with financial statement forecasting
- Support the team in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Contribute to month end accounting close cycle including journal entry preparation and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist with day-to-day cash, along with cash flow forecasting
- Record and analyze daily transactional data (i.e., sales, credit card, payroll, cash)
- Assist with adherence to and development of internal control framework and accounting work flow
- Great attention to detail; pristine accuracy and presentation of data
- Strong business acumen with the ability to effectively problem solve
- Ability to multitask and reevaluate priorities when necessary
- Identifies inefficiencies and continues to evolve processes
- Impeccable support and timely response to all employees/functions of the organization through a service-minded attitude
- Raises concerns and issues where they exist/are observed across the organization
- Works effectively in groups and develops key relationships across all TC departments
- A top performer with a great attitude!
What Your Background May Look Like
- Accounting and/or Finance degree required
- 1-2 years of work experience
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- CPA is a plus (not required)
- Can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
What Trunk Club Will Provide You
- Competitive compensation
- Healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
- Career advancement opportunities with strong emphasis on internal promotions
- A company culture like you’ve never experienced
- State of the art workplace environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to frequently stand; walk; use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms.