Position: Staff Accountant
Raise, a leading retail payments company and the world’s largest gift card marketplace, connects consumers to buy discounted gift cards or sell their unwanted cards for cash. As the leading retail technology partner with nearly 400 national brands, Raise offers a new type of digital payment for retailers.
Since the company launched in 2013, Raise has saved millions of consumers more than $140 million and has received $147 million in funding from investors including Accel, PayPal, Bessemer Venture Partners and New Enterprise Associates. Raise is headquartered in Chicago with an office in New York.
About The Position
This Staff Accountant's primary responsibility is to create daily journal entries and reconciliations—including cash application and accounts payable responsibilities. In addition, this role will be a primary contributor to G/L maintenance activities. The Staff Accountant is responsible for performing all accounting responsibilities on a timely basis in accordance with Raise’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain accounts payable and vendor profiles
- Timely record and pay bills
- Balance cash and treasury accounts
- Reconcile general ledger accounts to the subledger
- Assist with general accounting month-end closing procedures
- Enforce employee reimbursement programs, including the travel and entertainment policy
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time by the Controller or Accounting Supervisor.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Strong technical and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills, in a professional environment
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Detail oriented
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(K) with match, disability and life insurance
- Competitive PTO
- Raise Gives Back- 8 paid hours allotted annually for volunteer opportunities
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Paid parental leave
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V