As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
What We Do:
Fieldglass, an SAP company, provides a cloud-based Vendor Management System (VMS) to manage contingent workforce and services procurement programs. More than 300 customers leverage Fieldglass to gain visibility into their external workforces, including contingent labor, services managed through Statements of Work and independent contractors while optimizing spend, quality, compliance and efficiency.
What Sets Us Apart:
Fieldglass was “born cloud”. As one of the forerunners of today’s highly successful cloud delivery model, Fieldglass has been a Software-as-a-Service application since its start. At a time when many buyers were using behind-the-firewall ERP applications to manage their non-employee workforce, this VMS industry first is now the industry standard.
Some of our attributes include:
- We are the VMS market leader in global spend and in Q1 2017 retained our position as a Leader in this market by Forrester Research.
- Not only an industry leader but a thought leader - Fieldglass keeps customers up to date with VMS industry knowledge on our ‘From the Field’ blog, FUSE User Exchange and social media accounts.
- We work with the world’s leading companies, including AIG, Verizon, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, CVS/Caremark, United Airlines, Panasonic, Rio Tinto, Monsanto, and many, many more.
- We are now part of SAP, a market leading enterprise application software company, helping companies of all sizes and industries run simple.
Fieldglass encourages an open door policy and a collaborative office environment. Team members across all departments can easily meet together in any of our open office layouts. Those with an entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude keep Fieldglass at the top of its industry. Traditional perks include casual dress, generous paid time off, charitable activities, stocked kitchens, great healthcare coverage and more!
The IT Platforms team is looking for an experienced Virtualization Engineer. The ideal candidate is someone with exceptional scripting skills and expertise designing, deploying, and managing hosting environments across multiple physical and virtual machines.
- Researches and develops tools for automating deploys on various virtualization kernels and cloud platforms
- Architects solutions for scalability, high performance, high availability, disaster recovery, etc.
- Ensures consistency of deployment environment
- Works with the IT organization to ensure compliance with security standards
- Develops strategies for testing and validating the health and security of the hosting environment
- Troubleshoots deployment and infrastructure issues
- Minimizes, and where possible, prevents system outages
- Assists in documentation of procedures for deployment and support of the software
- Follows industry standards and keeps current on technology advances
- Engages in knowledge-sharing activities
- Supervises and mentors Junior Engineers
We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- VCP or MCTS certification a plus
- 3+ years of direct experience, including extensive work with virtual storage and virtual networking
- Knowledge of various provisioning and management platforms such as Openstack, Vrealize, and Orion
- Experience with micro-kernel and container technologies - Nano, vSphere, Integrated Containers or Docker
- Intermediate knowledge of SAN principles
- Experience deploying and maintaining various storage solutions
- SQL Database administration experience preferred
- Windows system administration skills
- Understanding of web and cloud security
- Experience with Web Services Deployment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Adaptable self-starter with strong collaboration skills
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: SAP, Virtualization, ERP, Engineer, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering