Workplace Operations Analyst
JOIN OUR TEAM
NextCapital is seeking a 401(k) Portfolio Operations Analyst to support senior investment professionals in the management and oversight of the firm's defined contribution investment management process. The individual fulfilling this position will assist the Service Delivery team in monitoring transactions and advice; support operations, sales and client efforts; coordinate with the portfolio management and Technology groups to ensure quality of the investment processes and client experience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assist in the design and creation of specifications for processes, tests, and tools to support and scale the portfolio management and service functions.
- Participate in the ongoing support for clients and advisory partners.
- Help design, develop, and test solutions for clients' plan features and investment requirements to ensure the success of the managed account program implementation.
- Help design, develop, analytical tools and metrics to monitor and ensure fiduciary quality while maintaining efficiency of transactions and printed statement processing.
- Create and run database queries to investigate, resolve and track issues with a goal to formalize into an automated reporting structure.
- Assist in compliance related activities.
- Other projects as assigned.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a BA/BS with strong analytical and quantitative skills and desire to pursue a CFP, CFA or other investment related certifications.
- You are proficient with tools of the trade, including Excel, Portfolio Accounting System(s) (PAS), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) operations and 401(k) recordkeeping operations.
- You have a good understanding of 401(k) plan administration (a plus, but not required.)
- You have a good understanding of portfolio theory and knowledge of financial instruments.
- You have a good understanding of RIA daily client operations management.
- You have a good understanding of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and SEC compliance.
- You have a basic understanding of retirement plans structures and features.
- You have a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in the investment management industry.
- You are comfortable and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented, and collaborative.
- You are analytical and detail-oriented.
- You have excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- You have a Series 65 (this is a plus.)
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
- See the impact of your work as you help in our continued growth
- Enjoy a laid back work environment surrounded by top quality people that enjoy working with each other
- Receive great benefits like stock options, 401(k) match, and top notch health benefits
- Get in on the ground floor of a growth stage company where you can have a real impact on the company's future
- Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, Thursday After Hours (wine tastings, trivia, treats), book club, film club, fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events
- Enjoy our newly renovated office, located on Michigan Avenue, with an unobstructed view of both the lake and Millennium Park.
- Enjoy locally roasted coffee, cold brew, iced tea, or espresso at your modular sitting/standing desk