Rent Like A Champion is an online platform that allows sports to rent homes near events around the country. Based in Chicago, Rent Like A Champion has been growing at a blistering rate, going from just 1 campus to more than 100 locations in a few short years. RLAC offers homes for rent near college football games, PGA Tour events, and NASCAR races.
Our team comes from a wide range of backgrounds - startups, accounting, nonprofits, even professional poker. While it may seem like an eclectic mix, there are a few core traits that each of our team members have in common:
- Dependable: In a fast-paced startup environment, there's no room for a middle manager to be checking in to make sure that tasks are getting done. If one of our team members says they'll do something, it gets done. Whether it be a promise to a customer, a coworker, or a partner, we follow through.
- Collaborative: While every team member has a certain part of the business that they own, there are all-hands-on-deck moments where several team members have to help tackle a big problem. In these scenarios, everyone pitches in to get things done.
- Empathetic: Our homeowners are trusting us with their most prized possession - their homes. Our renters are inviting us to be a part of their family reunions, their college homecomings, and other special weekends. Each of our team members realizes how much trust each of these groups is placing in our company, and will go above and beyond to help our guests and homeowners alike.
- Fun: At the risk of sounding arrogant, we are a ridiculously fun bunch. While we do work hard, we also like to have a good time. Company baseball games, bowling nights, Whirlyball, and other Chicago outings are regular occurrences.
Does this sound like you? Are you comfortable enough with your taste in music to run the office Spotify for a day? Do you like the idea of your product being an unforgettable weekend experience that people can share with their families and friends?
If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you. Send us a note, we're always on the lookout for great people to join our team. We can't wait to hear from you!
Does talking to sports fans about their trip to the big game sound like a dream job? If so, this may be the role for you.
We pride ourselves on being extremely hands-on with our guests. These people are about to make a big purchase online, and they want to make sure that they know what they're getting! Many of our guests are new to booking vacation rentals online, and our high-level of customer care turns these potential customers into brand advocates.
In the customer service role, you would spend your time speaking and emailing with college football fans, diehard NASCAR fans, and golf enthusiasts. You're an event planner, a concierge, and a tour guide all rolled into one! Here's what an average day in this role would look like:
- Speak with college football fans about their weekend plans and help them find the perfect house for their group.
- Work with our marketing team to conceptualize and execute on promotions for our renters. Home giveaways, ultimate football weekends, let your imagination go wild!
- Coordinate large group rentals, helping families and friends book homes near one another to make for the ideal weekend.
- Debrief with our guests after their rentals to make sure they had an excellent experience, learn how we can improve, and help them book for their next trip to town!
This is more than a customer service role answering phones. You will be working with people to plan a weekend getaway, a trip that for many is the highlight of the year. We have hosted television personalities, film crews, bridal parties, and fighter pilots after a stadium flyover. You will work directly with these groups to make sure that they have the best possible weekend experience, providing an extremely rewarding experience.