Strike Social develops artificial intelligence to drive the best outcomes in social media advertising. Through media-buying software and service, Strike powers 15,000+ campaigns each day for the world’s leading agencies and brands, including Honda, Xbox and Mattel. In 2016, Strike earned a Moxie Award as Chicago's Best B2B Startup.
Job opening: DevOps Engineer
Strike Social develops artificial intelligence and provides 24/7 optimization to drive the best outcomes in social media advertising. Through media-buying software and service, Strike powers 15,000+ campaigns globally each day for the world’s leading agencies and brands, including Disney, Honda, Xbox, Mattel and Wendy’s. With global operations, Strike is headquartered in Chicago and was named the city's Best B2B Startup in the 2016 Moxie Awards.
Who you are
You are someone who takes pride in your work, seeks order in chaos, and wants the opportunity to work with your like-minded individuals. You are a leader, not a follower, with an innovative spirit who wants to collaborate with a team of brilliant minds in our quest to build supercool products.
What you’ll do
We are working on some challenging problems that require bright minds and grit to help us solve. We work in an agile environment and working with lots of cool toys. Our DevOps role is a critical part of our solutions and will play a key role designing best-in-class infrastructure.
A career at Strike Social is an exciting journey, where you will
- Partner with product development teams to architect and implement redundant, failover tolerant, highly performant technologies and processes including containerization, continuous integration (Chef / Puppet preferred), infrastructure as code, metrics, monitoring, support resolution and more
- Build and manage Amazon Web Services (AWS) and private cloud services
- Develop and deploy sandbox, development, staging and production VPCs and resources
- Track system and service performance to make sure we’re meeting SLAs (Hello NOC!)
- Participate on the team that will provide call support after hours and on weekends for regions that are asleep
- Report progress, issues and status at daily and weekly stand-ups
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and new design approaches
- Provide technical leadership both within and outside the development team.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree or higher - Computer Science or equivalent field
- 2+ years of DevOps / system administration and designing software solutions for high availability systems
- 1+ years of AWS administration
- 1+ years experience managing MEAN applications and an understanding of SOA architecture concepts
- 1+ years experience administrating and developing linux environments.
- Agile software development methodology experience and test-driven development experience
- Take pride in writing clean dependable code
- Strong ability to analyze problems and formulate effective solutions
- Sharp critical thinking skills, including systems and business analysis, problem analysis and resolution, and sound judgment/decision making ability
- Proven ability to work in a rapid release product environment
Impress us with
- Strong understanding of system scalability and performance tuning
- Strong understanding of network security best practices
Working at Strike Social
Strike Social is a close-knit, work-hard/play-hard environment. If you want a fun, challenging and rewarding experience, apply to join our team! Aside from standard (and generous) employee benefits, Strike offers unlimited PTO, an open office environment, casual dress code, a spectacular Loop location and frequent team outings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.