What We Do:
Uptake harnesses the power of underutilized data to empower businesses to make informed decisions. We partner with industry leaders to build predictive analytics software that grows smarter in one industry because of what we learn in another. The result is a powerful platform that identifies problems before they happen, ultimately saving money, time and lives.
What You'll Do:
As Director of SaaS Sales for Renewable Energy, you will collaborate with our Renewable Energy leadership team to develop and execute an ambitious software-as-a-service sales strategy, initially in Wind power. You will drive strategic sales growth and deliver world-class customer relationship management. This is a highly visible role, and an opportunity to work with senior Uptake executives to shape the strategy and execution of the fast-growing Renewable Energy business unit as we build to global scale.
- Develop and implement methodology to identify, analyze, and pursue prospective customers, and quickly align their strategic objectives with Uptake’s product offerings
- Design and institutionalize a SaaS sales process that allows for clear goal-setting, accountability, and continuous learning
- Build a lean, tenacious Renewables Energy SaaS sales team
- Curate and manage a world-class customer experience throughout the lifecycle of a relationship, and ensure all relevant account information is captured and capitalized on
- Partner with Uptake Marketing on the creation of pitch and commercialization materials, as well as conferences, webinars, and other key industry events
- Collaborate with Uptake’s Product team to ensure that the Renewables product roadmap reflects market needs and gaps
- Engage with Uptake training, finance, and operations teams to manage customer welcome and onboarding activities
The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial salesperson comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a rapidly expanding technology organization.
- 8-10 years experience in industrial B2B software sales and account management, demonstrating successful sales growth and increasing levels of responsibility
- Energy industry experience strongly preferred; work in renewables a plus
- A player/coach with a collaborative mindset, and a record of building successful relationships with colleagues and customers, including at executive level
- Driven self-starter with ability to work under minimal supervision and learn complex concepts and domains quickly
- Strong project management skills, including a proven ability to think through all aspects of the sales process, manage long-term projects, and multitask
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to adapt to the changing requirements of a growth company
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationships in the wind industry highly desirable
- Understanding of SaaS business models and wind sector software providers a plus
- An entrepreneurial spirit, sense of humor, and the passion to help create the energy system of the future