Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Check us out - Braintree on The Muse | LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook | Twitter
Manager of Mid-Market Accounts Team
The Manager of Mid-Market Accounts team supports and manages a team of Account Managers tasked with directly servicing Braintree merchants processing $12M - $60M annually. This role is responsible for the high-level strategy as to how to best assign and service this merchant base, and oversees the day-to-day management of the Mid-Market Account Management team. This team member will represent the team both internally and externally in this position. In addition, this role would be closely involved working towards key, strategic Braintree goals.
Metrics of Success:
- Satisfaction and retention of the merchants processing $12M - $60M annually with Braintree
- Identify and effectively help implement full-stack, PayPal, and PayPal products for Mid-Market accounts
- Effective management and retention of an experienced group of Mid-Market Account Managers to ensure merchant satisfaction and timely response on all deliverables.
- Motivate, lead, and coach Mid-Market Account Managers
- Develop and maintain assignment and contact plan for Mid-Market Account Managers
- Analyze merchant feedback/data to influence development roadmap decisions
- Handle escalations for merchants within the Mid-Market vertical (processing $12M - $60M annually)
- Assist in handling service outages, particularly merchant communication and/or outreach outside of business hours
- Help with revenue growth opportunities of the portfolio through expansion (PayPal, international, Full Stack, etc)
- Monitor Account Managers’ performance through tracked merchant correspondence and conduct regular performance reviews
- Develop and enforce performance remediation plans, when necessary
- Serve as Account Management liaison for internal initiatives involving other departments and processes that affect Account Management and/or our merchants
- Interview and hire the most qualified candidates for the Mid-Market Account Management team. Outline the performance metrics necessary for a Braintree SMB Account Manager to be hired into Braintree Mid-Market Account Management
- Collaborate with Manager of Large Enterprise Accounts team and Manager of SMB Accounts team to accurately model staffing headcount
- Understand company and Braintree Sales’ objectives, translating goals into clear team and individual performance plans and monitoring the plans to ensure steady progress toward the targeted goals
- Willing to travel up to 40% of time.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all internal departments and with merchants.
- Exceptional relationship building skills.
- Strong team player, highlighted by a willingness to help others (internal and external parties).
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Account Management and/or Client Relations
- Ability to manage multiple issues at one time.
- Payments industry knowledge (preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years management experience.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.