Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Check us out - Braintree on The Muse | LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook | Twitter
Mid Market Sales Executive
The Mid-Market Sales Executive will develop new gateway and merchant payment processing relationships with mid-market and large businesses. Sales Executives join an elite team that develops an outbound and inbound pipeline for new revenue growth. This sales professional will also leverage Braintree’s reputation and existing customer list to develop and maintain relationships with key referral partners.
The ideal candidate will have experience selling software as a service, possess solid financial acumen, and have exceptional relationship building skills. Ideal candidates will also have experience in the payments industry, understanding how to identify the buyer and navigate a sales process in a consultative manner. Ultimately, this high-level performer is expected to create genuine connections with some of the most impressive technology growth companies in the world.
- Develop merchant payment processing relationships with middle market and large eCommerce businesses that include a full-suite of Braintree’s payment processing solutions- credit cards, PayPal, Venmo and a host of global alternative payment methods.
- Own the end-to-end sales cycle to close deals with medium and large companies in a high volume, fast-paced environment with an unwavering focus on delivering revenue.
- Manage a pipeline of outbound and inbound sales opportunities, tracked through salesforce.com, to achieve monthly and annual performance goals.
- Coach prospective merchants to see beyond traditional cost assumptions and turn their focus to how Braintree's payment technology increases sales, provides access to new revenue streams and increases conversions.
- Convey the value of processing with an industry-leading gateway and class-leading payment technology versus cost-based commodity sales.
- Partner with peer sales associates and adjacent sales teams to share best practices, key business insights and industry trends.
- 5+ years experience in B2B sales environment, preferably in a technology, payment or financial services industry with a track record of top performance.
- Prior experience and knowledge of online payment technology, card acquiring industry and relevant adjacencies is a significant plus.
- Strong network of partnerships for referrals via associations, industry groups, system integrators and previous contacts a plus
- Extensive B2B sales experience with middle market and large businesses, with skills and capacity to grow into roles of increasing sales responsibilities.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with the ability to effectively deliver compelling presentations to experienced technical buyers.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to deliver effective pricing presentations and proposals.
- The energy, drive and desire to win and drive success in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.