What We Do:
Uptake harnesses the power of underutilized data to empower businesses to make informed decisions. We partner with industry leaders to build a predictive analytics software that grows smarter in one industry because of what we learn in another. The result is a powerful platform that identifies problems before they happen, ultimately saving money, time and lives.
Our team drives this success by connecting customers and partners to the value of the Internet of Things, business-centric architectures, and key technology transitions.
What You'll Do:
As the Payroll Specialist, you will manage the payroll process in its entirety and consider ways to streamline current processes and procedures. You'll be reporting to the Controller and this person will work closely with the HR and Finance teams.
- Process semi-monthly payroll with detail and accuracy for approximately 700 employees
- Ensure the integrity of all data entered into the payroll system including new employees & subsequent changes to employee information
- Track and maintain accrual programs (e.g., vacation accruals, employer medical expense)
- Act as the first point of contact for Uptakers concerning payroll questions.
- Maintain data alignment across all systems that house employee-related data
- Identify and implement processing and reporting best practices, solutions and systems to streamline and automate processes across teams
- Assist accounting team with all month end reporting and reconciliation
- Analyze data flows and system processes between vendor feeds; look for system improvements; manage month/week end reporting; process various system audits to ensure accuracy of information (monthly & quarterly)
- Conduct research and analysis of federal and state payroll requirements to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures
- Document payroll processes and procedures
- Interpret pay policies (vacation; LOA; withholding exemptions, etc.) in regards to payroll
- Prepare federal and state quarter-end and year-end reconciliations and filings, including W-2s, T-4s and 1095-Cs
- Three or more years of experience in payroll processing; additional accounting or human resources experience a plus
- Experience processing payroll for multiple countries (specifically Canada)
- Must be able to use independent thought to analyze data and make recommendations
- Strong analytical skills, mathematical aptitude; excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated leadership ability, and advanced computer skills, including Word and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail and desire to learn
- Must be highly organized in a fast paced environment with superior time management skills
- Experience with HRIS and ADP a plus
- Experience implementing new HRIS software products
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Accounting, Human Resources, Business or related field preferred