What We Do:
Uptake's business is global, disruptive, differentiated and approaches the market in a new way. We help customers identify hidden value and create growth through business and technology innovation, while also enabling cost efficiencies that generate industry-leading business performance. Our team drives this success by connecting customers and partners to the value of the Internet of Things, business-centric architectures, and key technology transitions.
What You'll Do:
The People Coordinator supports all aspects of learning, development, and the employee experience at Uptake. You will be responsible for collaborating with different functions in the organization to provide distinctive service for employees to build community, knowledge, and skills. This includes, but is not limited to: Uptake University, performance management, diversity & inclusion, employee engagement survey, employee experience events and cultural programming. You will assist the Director of Organization Development and the People Specialist in executing the programming in each of these areas. Being accessible and open to all employees is critical to fully functioning in this role.
This is an opportunity to use your experience in a fast-growing company in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in Chicago.
- Develop templates and best practices for successful Uptake University courses
- Work with Uptake University faculty to develop course material (in line with templates and best practices)
- Ensure faculty members have everything to effectively deliver their of Uptake University courses
- Develop assessments of Uptake University to ensure success; recommend and implement enhancements to the program in line with what is learned from assessments
- Administer Litmos (Learning Management System) to ensure accuracy, tracking, attendance, with an eye towards gamification of learning
- Help in the development, administration, and analysis of Uptake Progress (performance management). This includes philosophical approach, as well as maintenance of supporting system.
- Coordinate and drive programs in support of Inclusion strategy
- Help launch and manage Uptake’s high potential program
- Support the roll out of a new succession planning methodology
- Collaborate with campus recruiting team in developing curriculum for early talent development
- Focus on the successful adoption of new programs, technologies and processes through applying change management methodologies
- Collaborate with members of the People Team on our efforts to increase employee engagement and retention through supporting various programs; help drive initiatives derived from engagement survey results
- Business-minded and people-centric, with several years of working in people facing roles (e.g., HR, event planning, Sales), with an eye towards creating meaningful and engaging experiences.
- Able to take a pragmatic approach to business partnership and operations.
- Collaborative and action-oriented, with ability to influence outcomes and lead change.
- Strong personal initiative; able to influence key people in the organization to create a culture where the employee experience is a priority.
- Operationally focused with ability to think strategically and deliver tactically.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred.
- Experience managing multiple and competing priorities
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to use sound judgment to drive complex issues to resolution
- Demonstrated flexibility working in a dynamic and rapidly changing organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to empathize with employees
- A reputation for discretion, integrity, judgment, responsiveness, and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated passion for delivering a great customer experience
- An approachable coach and mentor to staff and peers
- Solid PC skills