Reverb.com is the online marketplace to buy, sell, and learn about new, used, and vintage music gear. Since launching in 2013, we’ve grown to the most popular music gear site in the world. Our team of developers, customer engagement reps, marketing pros, and more work each day to make Reverb the best place to buy and sell gear.
You'll work alongside a world-class product team, where engineers and designers work together to deliver the best user experience possible.
If you want to work with a talented team in an environment that values creativity, autonomy, and design, you'll be right at home here.
Check this out to get a better sense of what it’s like to work here: http://product.reverb.com/work-at-reverb
You love to create engaging & intuitive user experiences. You are passionate about your craft and have the portfolio of work to show it. You believe deeply that design is not just how something looks, but also fundamentally how it works. You've worked as part of a collaborative team, enjoy a good design critique, and thrive on iterating based on customer/stakeholder feedback. The principles of our Reverb design culture https://product.reverb.com/design-culture/ resonate with you and you want your work to be guided by similar principles. You’re excited to join a small team to have a big impact at a high-growth company.
- Utilize product design, interaction design, and visual design skills to create outstanding experiences.
- Consider the customer’s perspective and advocate for it.
- Rapidly prototype ideas in order to determine what works and how to elevate concepts to the next level.
- Take conceptual ideas and turn them into valuable experiences for customers.
- Simplify complex concepts into usable and easily understandable experiences.
- Give and seek out feedback from other designers to continuously improve Reverb and your work.
- Formulate and execute product experiments to increase conversions and engagement.
- Bring your ideas to life by writing HTML and CSS.
- Experience leading product design work from initial concept to production-ready html/css.
- Excellent communication skills (you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions).
- Experience growing a product and balancing new elements into the existing feature set.
- A desire to dive into data to better understand how your designs affect conversion funnels.
- The ability to work in a self-motivated environment and define how an experience might launch lean but evolve into something richer.
- A knack for quickly testing your designs with customers and stakeholders to improve them.
Nice to Have:
- Proven track record in setting design standards.
- The ability to help guide not only what should the product look and feel like, but what should be built and why.
- Experience running usability tests on your designs and/or doing research to discover customer needs.
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary and stock options in an early stage company.
- An incredible office location in an exposed brick loft with lots of light, close to the Paulina brown line.
- Health insurance.
- 401k with 4% match.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- Discounts on music gear.
- An environment that encourages taking initiative, product ownership, talking to directly to customers, and making your own decisions.