In 2016, we expanded exponentially across the United States and Canada, adding another 6 markets for a total 28 markets covering more than 350 cities. We also raised $127 million to double down our investment in existing and new markets by building strong and mutually beneficial relationships with merchants. Your job as a Regional Account Executive will be to do just that: help make favorite local merchant available for delivery on DoorDash.
What you’ll do
- Identify, contact, and pitch the most important merchants and their decision makers in the following markets: Indianapolis, Columbus and Minneapolis, as well as other cities in the region as we continue to grow
- Negotiate terms that forward the interests of both DoorDash and our merchant partners
- Manage your book of business effectively for both a long sale and a short sale cycle environment
- Refine sales messaging, prospecting, qualifying, and closing techniques
- Travel into different markets in your region (up to 40% travel) - you would be seated in our Chicago office and be offered flexible hours and the option to work from home
- High-energy and fearless - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- Persuasive - you’re excellent at motivating potential partners to see the benefits DoorDash will bring to their business
- Humble - you’re willing to get your hands dirty and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Entrepreneurial - willing to go above and beyond to help DoorDash succeed
- Self-motivated - able to work with minimal supervision while achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 2+ years of sales experience with a track record of being a top performer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to haves
- Are you bilingual? Awesome...that’s a plus for us!
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint (Google Apps and Keynote are great as well!)
Today, we’re one of the fastest, most reliable food delivery services in North America. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn’t going to be easy, and our mission isn’t for the faint of heart. But if you’re daring, and you want to make a dent, let’s chat.