Solstice is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers.
Solstice is an innovation and emerging technology firm that helps Fortune 500 companies seize new opportunities through world-changing digital solutions. As strategists and consultants, we help organizations evolve their digital strategy to solve mission-critical problems. As designers and developers, we build incredible hardware and software solutions that transcend a standalone product and transform an organization’s relationship with its customers. As instructors and coaches, we help companies transform from the inside out by adopting a high-speed culture of innovation.
Solstice is seeking a Scrum Master for an extended engagement with a Fortune 500 Financial Securities client in Chicago. Our client is committed to transforming the way they deliver software with Agile and HCD practices. We’ve been coaching them in the Solstice CXDD method and they’re ready to take delivery to the next level. We are helping to form two dedicated Agile teams to build innovative digital solutions, using an iterative cycle of customer research and feedback.
You are just as excited about driving change with digital solutions as we are and meet the following requirements:
- Mastery of Agile Scrum roles, artifacts, and ceremonies and able to communicate and teach processes effectively to teams
- Experience working with Rally or a similar project management software
- Comfortable in a leadership role and a proponent for Servant Leadership
- Have effectively managed a large budget while keeping deliverables on time and within budget
- You desire to bring transparency to the business team about development; growing trust, while demonstrating your commitment to deliverables to the business team
- You have a keen eye for delivery issues and risks, and a sense of urgency for removing blocks and driving continuous improvement
- You understand healthy team dynamics and know how to coach and grow a high-performing team
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience working in financial services/securities, especially in an environment transitioning to Agile, is highly desirable
- At least 2-3 years of Agile experience in a Scrum Master role
- Open to the possibility of transitioning to the client as a full-time employee during or after the engagement
- Bachelor’s degree
You’ll be working next to industry experts to pave the future of digital transformation in the enterprise by:
- Facilitating all necessary team meetings (sprint planning, daily standups, sprint reviews/retrospectives, etc.)
- Facilitating Agile release planning and helping the PO manage the release backlog.
- Coaching the team in Agile relative estimation techniques, cross-functionality and self-organization
- Identifying, managing, and mitigating project issues and risks
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to defining and prioritizing the product backlog
- Ensuring transparency into the team’s work through the sprint backlog, burndown chart and other Agile metrics
- Leading by example - knowing when and how, to push for more results
- Proactively Identifying and removing impediments that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint commitments
- Being the coach and all around advocate for the Agile Scrum delivery methodology amongst project team and client stakeholders