Recognized as a “Leader” in Gartner’s 2015 E-Discovery Magic Quadrant, kCura are the developers of the e-discovery software Relativity. Relativity has more than 140,000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice and more than 190 of the Am Law 200. kCura helps corporations, law firms, and government agencies—numbering more than 10,000 organizations—meet unstructured data challenges by installing Relativity on-premises and providing hosted, on-demand solutions through a global network of partners. kCura has been named one of Chicago's Top Workplaces by the Chicago Tribune for five consecutive years. Please contact kCura at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.kcura.com for more information.
The way we work together is centered on our core values of collaborating, communicating, pushing to exceed expectations (even our own), being humble, and having fun while we do it. We enjoy ourselves, give back, and work (and play) hard together. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
As a Senior Events Specialist, you will drive the development of innovative event programs that deliver industry-leading experiences that inform, educate, and grow our community. The Senior Events Specialist works under minimal direction, but consults with managers and peers for guidance on more complex projects. Determines and develops creative approaches to solutions using advanced professional expertise.Responsibilities
• Deliver a flawless event experience for event participants, sponsors, vendor partners, and staff
• Ensure that events and content delivery strategies are aligned with kCura’s strategic objectives
• Maintain strong internal and external communications and develop relationships with all event stakeholders, including attendees, kCura staff, sponsors and vendor partners
• Research and determine event venues; serve as a knowledgeable point of contact for contracted venues
• Develop and maintain event timelines, prepare reports, and conduct analyses relating to the planning, objectives, and effectiveness and direction of event operations as needed
• Assist with design and execution of event surveys and other tools to measure the success of the event programming and logistics; assist the event production team with the development of an evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the event and identify areas of improvement; assist with developing and implementing a long-term event strategy that demonstrates the continued evolution of the event
• Provide assistance for planning logistics and generating appropriate content for staff and event participants
• Work closely with kCura’s marketing communication team to implement approved communication strategies for promoting the event; assist with establishing communication protocols and operating procedures with planning committees, vendors, and program staff
• Assist with the coordination of a team of events professionals, ensuring effective planning, development, and on-site execution of the event
• Keep up with current events trends and technology, make recommendations as appropriate
• BA/BS in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related discipline, or at least three years of event and/or conference planning and execution experience
• Experience with online event registration and management tools
• Skilled project management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated success in working on mid to large-scale events with multiple stakeholders
• Meticulous attention to detail and a strong design aesthetic
• Proven history of initiative, creativity, and self-motivation
• Strong organizational skills; able to deftly manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong collaboration skills across interdisciplinary teams
• Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment with quickly shifting priorities
Our software has more than 130,000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice and more than 190 of the Am Law 200. We have grown significantly over the last several years and continue striving to build software that helps solve our customers’ toughest e-discovery and unstructured data challenges.
If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you.